Non dependent payment now I've been awarded pip.

itsmeyouknow100 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi. Inwas wondering if anyone could advise me. I am currently on uc and esa support group. I received housing benefit, but because my adult son works I have been paying a non dependent charge. I'm sure I read somewhere that I wouldn't have to pay this now that I receive pip. I was awarded standard for both living and mobility. Does this count of Does it need to be enhanced. Also my award has been back dated to the beginning of November. Will I relieve any rent I have paid in between then and now back or not. Tia for your help


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    As you're claiming UC then you will only be claiming housing benefit if you're either living in supported or temporary housing. If you're not then you're rent will be paid as part of your UC known as housing element.
    If your PIP includes the daily living part you will no longer have any non dependant deductions. You need to put a message on your journal and tell them you're now claiming daily living PIP. You will be owed money from the assessment period in which your PIP award started.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • itsmeyouknow100
    itsmeyouknow100 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Great. Thank you