LCWRA back date — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA back date

Options
JayNesbitt
JayNesbitt Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, 

Can't find an answer via the search facility that gives me clarity. 

Back ground to my question, my partner has Adult Disability Scotland in place as of March 2022, however her first sick note on UC is 3 Oct 2022 - there is a note on this Sick Note stating it is effective June 2022. 

Having been assesed and agreed LCWRA is applicable, they have only back dated this to Feb 2023. 

Would the dates married up or am I right to think it should be back dated to June 2022? As her ADS was started in March 22.

Kind regards 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Adult disability Payment (ADP) has nothing to do with LCWRA because they are both competely different.
    LCWRA waiting period starts from when she first reported her health condition/sent her first fit note. Backdated fit notes are not usually accepted.

When the LCWRA is meant to be paid from will depend on what date you usually receive your UC payment each month. Was 3rd October the date she first reported her health condition as well as the fit note?

Based on the information you gave i would expect her first LCWRA payment to be either Feb or March 2023.

If her PIP includes the daily living part then you can claim carers element providing you care for her for at least 35 hours per week. You can also claim carers allowance (providing you don't have earnings of more than £139/week. Normal you don't need to claim carers allowance to be entitled to carers element but in Scotland you will receive a payment twice a year known as carers supplement. https://www.mygov.scot/carers-allowance-supplement

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JayNesbitt
    JayNesbitt Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Poppy, 

Thanks for the speedy reply. 
    If only UC would reply in a timely manner. 

3rd October was the first report of the health condition, officially. 

Your answer clears up my error, in thinking that UC stating the lune was back dated to June being the actual time scale the LCWRA would also work to. 

I can't claim carers, as I work full time and earn considerably higher than the thresholds. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I can't claim carers, as I work full time and earn considerably higher than the thresholds. 

The earnings limit doesn't apply to carers element of UC like it does with carers allowance. You do not need to claim carers allowance to be entitled to carers element.
    Providing you care for her for at least 35 hours per week then you can report a change of circumstances. Then report your caring duties. Your UC will then increase by a further £185.86/month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.