Hi, my name is antonjanekids! I am on ESA income based I get PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is antonjanekids! I am on ESA income based I get PIP

antonjanekids Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi  i am on esa income based i  get pip  but no help any were  council tax  exctra 
 i have a pension i  can get  due to  retiring on ill health  if i take  a lump sum do i tell esa will it affect it  i no if i receive a monthly  sum that will  but will the  lump sum thanks


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,741 Disability Gamechanger
    For Income Related ESA a lump sum will be classed as capital. For every £250 or part there of over £6,000 then your ESA will reduce by £1. For anything over £16,000 then entitlement to all means tested benefits ends.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • antonjanekids
    antonjanekids Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi thank you what do you think  happends if with a  lump sum  you pay off  part of  your  morgage debit straight away  so you  still have no money in the  bank  but less debit thanks 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.