If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Automatic PIP extension?

Options
Nuttymoo1966
Nuttymoo1966 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
edited April 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have received a message today from DWP 
We still have your PIP form and will be progressing  your review as soon as we can. you may still need an assessment with a health professional. Your PIP will continue to be paid until we review your claim. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change .

I sent my review form in October 2022 , my current  award ends 2nd June 2023 . Does this mean i have had a 12 month  automatic extension or is it a general text they send everyone? 

Comments

• Nuttymoo1966
    Options
    Hi everyone please can someone help me . I posted yesterday but had no reply .

I   have received a message today from DWP :
    We still have your PIP form and will be progressing  your review as soon as we can. you may still need an assessment with a health professional. Your PIP will continue to be paid until we review your claim. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change .

I sent my review form in October 2022 , my current  award ends 2nd June 2023 . Does this mean i have had an extension or is it a general text they send everyone? 

I am so worried about this  and would be grateful if anyone has had the same message and knows what to expect next. 

thank you 
  • Nuttymoo1966
    Options
    thank you , I hope so  :)
  • chezzy53
    chezzy53 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I applied for change in circumstances cos my illness has got worse I applied 19 months ago I had my pip assessment by phone 6 weeks ago I received a call 3 days ago he asked a couple of questions and said he would deal with it that day and I would get something in post how long does this take and have been accepted how long before they award it please thannkyou
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,227 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    chezzy53 said:
    I applied for change in circumstances cos my illness has got worse I applied 19 months ago I had my pip assessment by phone 6 weeks ago I received a call 3 days ago he asked a couple of questions and said he would deal with it that day and I would get something in post how long does this take and have been accepted how long before they award it please thannkyou

Once the report was returned to DWP a decision can take up to 12 weeks. Once a decision is made you'll be sent the decision letter.
    As the call was only 3 days ago then if the decision has now been made it can take up to a couple of weeks to receive the decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Blue_eyes
    Blue_eyes Community member Posts: 91 Courageous
    Options
    @poppy123456 , how I admire your knowledge 🤩 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,227 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Blue_eyes said:
    @poppy123456 , how I admire your knowledge 🤩 

Thank you, that's very kind of you! Much appreciated. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.