Just had pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just had pip tribunal

apples
apples Community member Posts: 216 Courageous
edited April 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA

awful awful awful ! 

Comments

• Blue_eyes
    Blue_eyes Community member Posts: 91 Courageous
    @apples , do you want to tell us what happened?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,600 Scope online community team
    I'm sorry you feel it went so badly @apples. Did they give you the result while you were there?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • apples
    Will give details shortly
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,600 Scope online community team
    No rush @apples and don't feel you need to share, I know it can be an extremely difficult thing to go through.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • apples
    edited April 2023
    Thanks @Adrian_Scope

so started off by being told by the judge, in the initial assessment I scored 2 points, when I did the MR no change still the 2 points, however I was told I had 6 points as another 4 were added for daily living but none for mobility no idea where these other 4 points came from

the phone connection kept cutting out so had to repeat my answers then was told to turn off my camera but it didn’t make no difference, the whole process lasted about 25 mins

i was asked how often I go to the supermarket and do I go to any other supermarket apart from the one near my house, I said no as I only need milk, was asked about if I had be learnt to cook and I said a few years ago but kept cutting myself where I was shaking

when they asked a question about dressing / undressing and I gave a different answer to my assessment they asked if the original assessor was wrong, I said they were probably misunderstood as there are inaccuracies in the original report which I highlighted but yet weren’t asked what was wrong or to explain anything

i was also asked how I spend my day and I told the truth on edge, having negative thoughts

they asked about the arguments I had with motorists that I sent as extra evidence as when I am out I am in s daze so don’t look when I cross the road that cars have nearly hit me and the drivers have got out and shouted at me

i was asked how I get to my psychologist appt I told them I walk and it takes about 10 mins I use back roads

i was then asked why I don’t get a job or think about getting s job and what would I like to do !

the DWP worker was listening in on the phone but had no questions, I had my bundle in front of me but was told to keep it to the side and if needed they would ask me to refer to page numbers etc, but they didn’t, nor did they give me an opportunity to express the way i am 

told me the decision will be made straight after and to keep an eye out for post within the next couple of days

if i can remember anything else I will add but it was such a belittling experience that I’ve had headache since and can’t remember what was asked

• apples
    Hi all,

sorry to reply to my old post but just have a question

when I was awarded pip after tribunal it was for 3 years until May 2025 with a review in May 2024, once I receive the review form if DWP don’t award me pip can I still do the tribunal or do you only get the one chance ?

thanks 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,983 Scope online community team
    If they deny you on the review, you can again ask for an MR then go to tribal if needed.  But hopefully it wont come to that. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • apples
  • lifetough23
    lifetough23 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi I appealed against my pip that I first applied a year ago , I got accept from the courts for an appeal in oct ! How long do the tribunal take to go to court? Thank in advance x
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 107 Pioneering
    apples said:

when they asked a question about dressing / undressing and I gave a different answer to my assessment they asked if the original assessor was wrong, I said they were probably misunderstood as there are inaccuracies in the original report which I highlighted but yet weren’t asked what was wrong or to explain anything

This is why I always say, get and read the report! You can get blindsided. If you dont read the report and prepare yourself for such a question, you can have uncomfortable moments with the tribunal.

You must address all those "misunderstandings" in the report in your tribunal submission, briefly, not fighting it, just as apples did here, in a way of "misunderstanding", but mention it nevertheless.

Always get the report. Dont listen to people who say ignore it or that you dont need it. You need to know the facts the other side presents or plan to present, or even worse the tribunal may question.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.