Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

PIP New rates

Options
ilovechickpeas
ilovechickpeas Community member Posts: 42 Connected
edited April 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

I tried to ring pip phone line but couldn’t get through to them, I waited almost 45 mins.

so I’m hoping someone will be able to answer my query on here 

I’m aware about the  new rates changing in April however today I checked my bank account and I received £356.39. I should have received £380. So I’m a little concerned about the amount received. 

I have received the letter about the new rates perhaps I’ve misunderstood the letter itself, so can someone please explain to my why my rate of pay is different this month and not accurate ? 

On the letter it states below “The first payment covering the 10 April 2023 could be made up of your new and old amounts.”

could the reason above be a possibility of the  different amount I received this month ? 

Sorry but things like this really confuse me and often make me feel anxious. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,481 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes the rates increased from 10th April. However, PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears which means you won't see the full increase until your next payment. This payment includes a mixture of the old and new rates.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pollynana
    pollynana Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I had the same confusion! Thanks for the clarification :)
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.