Pip and carer/partner moving in — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and carer/partner moving in

Options
lou1921
lou1921 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hello I currently receive enhanced living and standard mobility pip. 
My partner has now moved in with me to be my carer 

if I were to inform pip of this change of circumstances would it affect my pip or not 
thank you c

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,775 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn’t means tested so you do not need to report your partner moving in and your PIP won’t be affected. 
    Are either of you claiming any other benefits? If so which ones exactly?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lou1921
    Options
    Hi I’m receiving universal credit with lcwra 
    partner works 

If I phoned pip to explain do you think they would reconsider my standard mob and change it to advanced or would I have to go through an assessment again. ? @poppy123456
  • lou1921
    Options
    @poppy123456
    as he is moving in to be my carer 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you ring PIP to report changes to your health condition they will send you more PIP2 forms to fill in and return. A worsening of condition doesn’t mean you’ll automatically score more points for a higher award. You need to be 100% certain that more points can be scored before you do anything else. 

When your partner moves in you will need to report a change of circumstances on your journal. Then tell them your partner is moving in. You will then be sent a linking code.

Your partner will need to claim UC their self and use the linking code to join both claims together. Your UC entitlement will then be based on your joint circumstances. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you’re both excluded from claiming.

You will have the work allowance which means a certain amount of your partners earnings they receive each month will be ignored before the 55% deductions apply. 

If your PIP includes the daily living part and your partner cares for you for at least 35 hours per week then can claim carers element of UC. They will need to report being your carer when they make their claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lou1921
    Options
    @poppy123456
    so if I filled out the pip2 form again with the change of circumstances would I have to have assessments again ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes most likely because most people have them.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.