Anyone with May Election voting issues specially concerning accessing out to even post a vote? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone with May Election voting issues specially concerning accessing out to even post a vote?

Options
Dear community. 

Once again It looks likely I will be excluded from voting. Which is a shame I have followed with keen interest our local councils meetings. Our Mayor has rather shown excellent leadership. His business back ground and raising millions for charities he founded. Has helped keep my town from going into bankruptcy. Very impressed although he never had time to chat to me. I witnessed on line his excellent diplomatic skills so I've not took his lack of time as personal but unfortunately he's lost my vote and possibly more due to accessing out to vote and to post the vote back. 

Again disappointingly a disabled person is excluded. I worked for our council too. Welcome to my world... I gather many people have similar issues. 

Its everyone right to vote is it not?

Frustrating...

from SurvivorEmpowerd Shezz

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SurvivorEmpowered I'm sorry to read about how frustrated you are feeling.

Would you mind if I asked what barriers you face when it comes to voting, whether in person or by postal vote? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 568 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @SurvivorEmpowered I can't quite remember the circumstances but I was in hospital and given a postal vote, so please check this out with your local council. Also, where I live, all polling stations are disabled-friendly. So you may want to check this out as well? You have an absolute right to vote and your council needs to make sure they give you this right in one way (a postal vote) or another i.e being able to physically vote at a polling station.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.