Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Fed up

Options
2»

Comments

• GF1007
    GF1007 Scope Member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Hello @dijon_di. I don't know if any of the following are any use to you but I thought I'd mention nonetheless - incase:

• Mind Peer Support Groups
    • NHS Talking Therapies
    • Rethink Mental Illness Support Groups
    • Talking to your GP about speaking with a Social Prescriber who could find out about social groups in your area that maybe you have not heard of.

All the best.
  • hyancinth
    hyancinth Community member Posts: 78 Pioneering
    Options
     As above, social prescribers are very good they find all sorts of interesting things. Look out for community projects and hubs in your area, theres a real trend in this. They arent all about discussing health, just chatting, doing things like history, crafts etc so it can be a relief from your circumstances.
    I can relate to your motivation and the 2/3 days a week energy. Theres no pressure or shouldnt be to attend anything, do what you can manage. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,900 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My MH is at an all time low, due to my problems I have only been out 6 times so far this year and they were all for medical appointments.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,192 Scope online community team
    Options
    It's good to see you back posting @woodbine although I'm sorry you're feeling low. Given everything you've been through this past year I imagine it has taken its toll. What's the biggest barrier you have at the moment to getting out? Even a few hours sitting outside (weather permitting!) might do you some good. Have you been able to talk to anyone about how you're feeling? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 23,300 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    So sorry to hear you are really low at the moment @woodbine . Did you get the walker you were looking for?  Perhaps when the weather improves you will feel more like going out or sitting in the garden. Take care.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,900 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's good to see you back posting @woodbine although I'm sorry you're feeling low. Given everything you've been through this past year I imagine it has taken its toll. What's the biggest barrier you have at the moment to getting out? Even a few hours sitting outside (weather permitting!) might do you some good. Have you been able to talk to anyone about how you're feeling? 
    Thanks Adrian, the biggest barrier atm is the lack of balance, I'm hoping the weather will be good enough tomorrow to sit out for a while. I've been able to speak to SM but if I continue to feel so low I will seek counselling (yet)again @Beaver79 yes I got the walker but haven't been able to try it out properly yet.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.