Phone alert at 3 today — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone alert at 3 today

Options
Superbetty
Superbetty Community member Posts: 448 Pioneering
Hi everyone, I just spoke to my partner's dad, he didn't know about that alert at 3 today, so I thought, well, there might be someone here who could use that info or reminder.There will be loud phone test emergency alert today at 3, you can either switch your phone off completely to avoid hearing it, or you can turn off your notifications for extreme alerts. If anyone needs more info, I am sure if you will google it there will be lots about it everywhere, it is everywhere in news. Yet, my partner's dad didn't know, that is why I am mentioning it:-)
Have a lovely afternoon everyone:-)

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,089 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks @Superbetty. I'm sure your partner's dad is glad you made him aware. I can only imagine how startling it would be if you weren't expecting it. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,778 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great idea long over-due. Reminded me of the 1960's at junior school every couple of weeks we had the alarm go off and had to get under our wooden desk, as though they would have protected us from an incoming nuclear attack !!!😎
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I got nothing, no text no nothing, great a NUCLEAR ATTACK, you lot get warned and run for the hills. 

I get 'annihilated'. :o  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.