UC50/ WCA . — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC50/ WCA .

Options
g7iqj
g7iqj Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
&  59 now  due to works accident  37 yrs back , 1986 . BACK  spine issue .  NOW  2nd degenrative  changes  flare up ,  MOBILITY ISSUES STANDING / WALKING .  Came home from work  2 weeks back  got up the next days  SEVERVE  back pain scatica when trying  walk move currently  suffell around with aid walking stick  dont go out  avoid standing walking  .  WENT to GP  who put me on club sick 2 weeks  gave me stroung ANTIINFLAMITRY  TABLETS .  I  got appoitnment booked in 2 weeks . IF  flare up not gone down he will arrange  MRSI SCAN .   INFORMED   uc   , dwp  via journal  reported FIT NOTE  .  BUT because i had phone appoitnment  booked B4  REPORTED FIT NOTE  . & UC  coach rang me .  I  told her the issue  after 2 weeks i may be booked in for MRSI SCAN .  SHE was happy with that  but then  said  if  i going be off work  more 1 mouth  with fit notes  i may need to have WCA uc50 thing .  I FIND THAT  sick joke  that DWP  only allows  & person with degenrative for life  condition longterm  MAX  4 weeks 1 mouth  b4 the uc 50 issued ???.  HAVING looked & some off uc 50  questions  vey little  about  MOBILITY .  LAST time i was off with back issues 1998/ 25 years back  had 10 weeks sick claimed  SSP   allowed 6 mouths 26 weeks on ssp .   SEEMS  now 2023 alowed  4 weeks ?????  joke .   ALL  coach said  isd DWP  will  give me support i need ????.   UNLESS there orphpedic surgeon / psyo  how can they get my mobility back   LOL.  AS i said  until i can walk stand weather 1 week 10 weeks  , want be going far . HOW can you go anywere , do anything ????.  let alone  do days work if u ATM  have limited MOBILTY  & 59  HOping do few more years , but dont expect i get 66/ 67  be working full  7 years  from now . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,630 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    SSP is completely different to UC. When you report a health condition for UC supported by a fit note, it’s standard procedure to be referred for a work capability assessment about 29 days later.

Once a referral is made you’ll receive a letter on your journal to tell you and then you’ll receive the UC50 form a few days later. 

If found to have LCWRA then you’ll receive extra money from the 4th month. You can see the descriptors here for LCWRA https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • g7iqj
    Options
    THANCK  you  I say 29 days  in my case  is not long enougth to recover / AS things are atm , MAINLY  NHS  could take weeks to get MRSI SCAN  to find out my MOBILITY  problem then more time  to get treatnment to recover  over 29 days . . ALSO  ive been told  MAXIRUM  ???? . Who do the  WCA  assetnments  dont use  doctors /  spechailists just  heath care professtionals  , nurse  etc they been known to  tell few porkys on there report  .     I SCORED ATM   REPEAT MOBLISE  STAND CANT WALK 50 METERES  WITH / WITH OUT AID 50 METERES /   15 points  IF i  dont plan head  bladder bowel leak 6 points .   CANT walk/ stand &   transfer carboard box  6 points . .    Medication wise  iam taking amitripyline/   cant drive, operate machinery /  naproxen    makes u drowsy.  IF  u cant stand walk over 50 meteres  how you  do anything / go anywere ????.     ITS early days  1 week in  HAD & world with my trade untion rep   , IF  i have to have WCA he will join me as whitness  also bring the tape machine  to record interveiw . LOOKS like ive some rougth waters ahead .  mentally / psycially . 
  • g7iqj
    Options
    WERE govertnment / dwp  they have you now 2023  . IF YOU  go ssp route , you still have to claim housing benefit , housing eletnment from  UC,/ DWP  . Weres b4  april 2016   ssp from employer / housing  benefit from ur local council  council  not  uc/ dwp . AS you say if you claim  uc , you only 29 days 1 mouth  illness not 26 weeks as with SSP  .  b4  medical/ assetnment .   GOVERTNMENT / DWP  got you allways now  . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,630 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're working then yes you can claim SSP from your employer if entitled to it but you'll need a fit note for this.

As i advised, once you report a health condition this automatically starts the work capability assessment process off after day 29. Unless you're earning more than 16xNMW/week and you're not claiming a disability benefit such as PIP or DLA. You don't have to go down this route if you don't want to.

Housing benefit can no longer be claimed unless you're either living in supported or temporary housing, UC has replaced all the old benefits.

For LCWRA it's not about scoring points. You just need meet one of the descriptors in the link i provided above. For the mobilising descriptor please take note of the ability to use a self propel wheelchair, it's not just about your ability to walk.

For the WCA they don't need to have any knowledge of any specific health conditions because it's not about a diagnosis. You'll be assessed on your ability to do any type of work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • g7iqj
    Options
    WCA not good  for claimiant . AUSTERITY  measure  THE  house i live in  is NOT set up  suitable for & wheel chair  entrances have   step about 1 foot high  from path up  in to house  not option wheel chair use . NHS  dont lone wheelchairs now / have hire them  £20 week  from red cross .   GOING  be streesfull battle ahead . ALL  i ask is to be left alone  few weeks  have MRSI / TREATNMEANT  THEN SAY  6- 8 WEEKS GO BACK WORK WHEN MOBILITY  SORTED .  NOT have some semi skilled asseor MAXIMUS / DWP ,  bully/ force you back  work after just 4 weeks even if NOT FIT , Cant  walk , stand more 20- 50 meteres  OVERRIDING / GP / SPECHIALIST ORPHOPEDIC SURGEON    sick joke . AS  untion rep said  AS  FROM APRIL 2016   ENGLAND  now has flaw corourpt  system designed for people to FAIL . 1920S victortian work houses come back work to u drop / die   lucky ones retire 66/ 67 .  TRUTH  its  conservativies govertnment  not on claimiants side . They  are  taking our freedoms & choice away from us  power control over our livies  CONS using people with disabilitys as escape goat . WE easy target .  SAD but true 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.