If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of living payment or not ?

Options
chrisofa
chrisofa Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hello all, 
Firstly I hope you are all doing well ? I have a question to ask if anyone may be able to answer. I currently have a live claim for Universal Credit and the LCWRA element .I have only received one payment since I started to claim in Nov 2022. This was paid into my account on January 29th 2023. I have not been entitled to a payment  there after January 29th as my wife works and our income with certain benefits on top means we have what we need to live on. So with me receiving that one payment do I qualify for the first cost of living payment ?

Many thanks ,stay blessed, Chris.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,268 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    If your payments are usually on 29th of the month this means your assessment period dates are 23rd to 22nd of every month. Unfortunately, your January payment is outside of the criteria for the first cost of living payment of £301. Your Jan payment will be for assessment period 23rd Dec to 22nd Jan.

You must have been entitled to a payment of UC for an assessment period that ended between 26th Jan and 25th Feb 2023.

Your assessment period between 23rd Jan and 22 Feb (the qualifying one) resulted in being reduced to zero then there's no entitlement.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chrisofa
    chrisofa Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Hi Poppy, thank you for replying. Oh well I never had it so I haven’t lost anything.
     Many thanks , Chris
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.