LCWRA timescales

senDad
senDad Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hello All

Firstly, I've previously asked questions here about my mother in law but now it seems I have one about my brother in law who has received a letter in his journal saying he has "limited capability for work" - this followed filling in a long form, waiting and a telephone interview.

It says "in most cases you will be entitled to LCWRA payments from 3 months after the day you gave us medical evidence showing that your condition means you cannot work". 

So in his case the Fit note was provided on Jan 9. Does this mean he is entitled to LCWRA payments from April 9? His last payment was April 19 for £334.91 which is standard UC I think.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing

senDad said:
    Hello All

a letter in his journal saying he has "limited capability for work" -

Can you please check the decision letter to see exactly what it says? If it says Limited capability for work (LCW) then there's no extra money for this.
    There's only extra money if the decision was Limited Capability For work Related Activity.

If it is LCWRA then when it's paid from will depend on what date his assessment periods cover, or what date his usually receives his money each month. It's 3 full assessment periods and the extra money is paid from the 4th month.
  • senDad
    It says:

Dear XYZ

Following your Work Capability Assessment, we have decided that you may have limited capability for work and work-related activity. You may know this as LCWRA.

• senDad
    There don't seem to be any more dates in the letter so not sure how to figure out what date the assessment covers? Its not critical I suppose but strange the DWP aren't clear about it.
  • poppy123456
    Thanks.  The letters are standard letters with very basic information.
    You didn’t answer the other question I asked here 

when it's paid from will depend on what date his assessment periods cover, or what date his usually receives his money each month.

• senDad
    No - thank you very much for responding.

I didn't answer because I don't know. Oh hang on a minute, the payments all seem to be on the 19th of the month. 
  • poppy123456
    That means his assessment periods are 13th to 12th of every month.

Therefore his waiting period will be Jan to April … LCWRA starts from assessment period 13th April to 12th May and first payment will be 19th May. No LCWRA element is owed. 
  • senDad
    ok thanks Poppy!
  • poppy123456
    Don't forget his UC payment will increase even more from next months payment because the 10.1% increase. Standard allowance £368.74/month and LCWRA element £390.06/month.