Poem called skies — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Poem called skies

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 2023 in Coffee lounge

Poem called  skies 

There is no limit on what we can achieve and accomplish.

We have unquie in abilities.

Relish each challenge that we face.

We pace ourselves for the tough road ahead 

We come up with master plans to overcome our obstacles in our lives.

We are shining a spotlight on the extraordinary work we are doing whist pursuing our own vision boards in reality because we have unbelievable potential and we relentlessly seeking our name up in lights 

I thinking going to enter this poem into a online free open mic online poetry event online  :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck @Globster go for it 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Sandy_123 I don’t feel I have the confidence for it  :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Sandy_123
    Options
    You got nothing to loose 
  • Globster
    Options
    @Sandy_123 thank you for your words of encouragement and support  :)

• Globster
    Options
    @Sandy_123 I just gone for it  :)

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Oh wow @Globster proud you went for it, fingers crossed for you. Exciting when will hear back
  • Globster
    Options
    I heard back from earlier this afternoon I got a place on the open mic poetry online event @Sandy_123 :)

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Whattttt omg @Globster Well done you, see, have some faith in yourself. I know its hard when you enter competitions and get lots of rejects, it happens to every writer. Even Stephen King got rejected. 
    So what happens next 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yey @globster !! That is brilliant news. Your poem has really motivated me this morning too, so thank you! Let us know how it goes  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Sandy_123 I appreciate you talking you to you made me realise that I do this and I appreciate your support and encouragement you an awesome friend  :)

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Its good to find support and encouragement @Globster and I know you work so hard on your poems. I'm really pleased for you
  • Globster
    Options
    @Cher_Scope I glad that I motivated you through my poem I want one day inspire people around the world who read my poem but for now I am so grateful to keep inspiring everyone on the online scope community  :)

• Globster
    Options
    @Sandy_123 I just appreciate the support I appreciate the communication I get from the online community because I can get out to meet people in person at the moment because my spasticity is playing me up while I wait hospital treatment which is next week I can not wait until then because I’m not able sleep well at night because my legs to shake a little bit which makes me feel tired and messing up my day once I have baclofen pump refilled with new medicine I will be fine again  :)

• Sandy_123
    Options
    I'm sorry to read that @Globster that your struggling with your health at the moment. Hope everything goes well at the Hospital next week and you get sorted. It's a constant worry all the time with health isn't it. 
  • Globster
    Options
    @Sandy_123 I appreciate your comment Is bad to be counting down the days until my hospital appointment next appointment and if you’re health is not great then it’s a constantly worry for us but I know that I will get sorted out next week can not quick enough for me  :)

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Its a shame you can't be seen quicker 
  • Globster
    Options
    @Sandy_123 it’s one of those things  :)

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Excellent news about the poetry open mic event @Globster that's wonderful :) 

Hope you can get new medicine as soon as possible, it's no fun having to manage spasticity without it!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Alex_Scope I appreciate your kind words getting opportunity for the open mic poetry event and I only wait until this Wednesday for hospital appointments so then fine again  :)

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great @Globster not long at all :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.