Hi, my name is Miceymoo! I had a UC claim since the onset of lockdown. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Miceymoo! I had a UC claim since the onset of lockdown.

Options
Miceymoo
Miceymoo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I had a UC claim since the onset of lockdown. I then supplied sickness from 25/01/2022 to current with no gaps. I had an assessment 30/3/2023 to which I passed the criteria for LCWRA. I have been awarded from the date of the decision, March. Would there be a claim for backpay? I have supplied notes, for the same illness, however didn't have an assessment until 13 months after my initial sick note. Hope this makes sense, I don't really understand it. 
Many Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The LCWRA element would be paid from either May or June 2022. The exact date will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Miceymoo
    Options
    Thank You, I get paid on the 25th of each month. I have questioned on my journal about this. I did receive a small top the same month I was accepted and my 2nd payment was the full payment. I will come back if I have any issues with the backpay. Thanks again 🙂
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2023
    Options
    With payment usually on 25th this means your assessment periods are 19th to 18th of every month. You sent your first fit note in the middle of assessment period Jan to Feb, which doesn't count because it's not a full month.

Your waiting period will be Feb to May.. LCWRA starts from assessment period May 19th to June 18th and first payment will be June 25th. No LCWRA element is owed because it's not paid at all during the waiting period, which is 3 full assessment periods and payment will then be from the 4th month.

If you or a partner (if you claim with one) has received any earnings since you sent your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance, then you maybe owed some money from this.

The work allowance means a certain amount of earning can be received each month before any deductions apply. If you claim for help rent the work allowance will be £379/month, if you don't it will be £631/month. (please note these figures were 10% less before 10th April) See link regarding work allowance. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-work-allowances/universal-credit-work-allowances

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Miceymoo
    Options
    Hi Poppy, Thanks for your reply, it was 2022 the initial note and ran continuously until the meeting in March 2023. Would there be no entitlement for the 12 months prior to the appointment? poppy123456 said:
    With payment usually on 25th this means your assessment periods are 19th to 18th of every month. You sent your first fit note in the middle of assessment period Jan to Feb, which doesn't count because it's not a full month.

Your waiting period will be Feb to May.. LCWRA starts from assessment period May 19th to June 18th and first payment will be June 25th. No LCWRA element is owed because it's not paid at all during the waiting period, which is 3 full assessment periods and payment will then be from the 4th month.

If you or a partner (if you claim with one) has received any earnings since you sent your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance, then you maybe owed some money from this.

The work allowance means a certain amount of earning can be received each month before any deductions apply. If you claim for help rent the work allowance will be £379/month, if you don't it will be £631/month. (please note these figures were 10% less before 10th April) See link regarding work allowance. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-work-allowances/universal-credit-work-allowances

• poppy123456
    Options
    Apologies, not sure why i said no element is owed. You will of course be owed money from June 2022.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.