Hi, my name is warnawoo! disability element of working tax credits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is warnawoo! disability element of working tax credits

warnawoo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi guys i need a bit of help. I get pip and the disability element of working tax credits and i work 33 hrs a week. Can you tell me if my disability element of working tax credits will change if my wages (not hours) go up or is it not effected. I cannot find any info on this just normal working tax credits. im just curious what happens if i got a pay rise at work.
Thank you  :)


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,810 Disability Gamechanger
    Tax credits are based on the previous years earnings unless there's a £2,500 difference. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/how-tax-credits-work
    You can also use a benefits calculator and put in different figures to see what it comes up with. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome @warnawoo Great username! How are you doing today?

    I hope Poppy's advice has helped clear things up for you. It's definitely worth using the benefits calculator to see how a wage rise would impact your disability element. I'm hoping you would still be better off overall  :)

    Please let us know if we can help in any other way. Take care and have a fab Thursday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.