If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm jan1953! Looking to speak with stroke survivors.

Options
jan1953
jan1953 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2023 in Start here and say hello!
hi i had a stroke 16 months ago so was looking to chat to survivors it not my first stroke but the last one was the worst i have had 

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jan1953 Welcome to the Community. If you have any questions please ask. I am sorry to hear you have been having strokes. Do you have a support network in place. I have never had a stroke but I am sure other members who have with be in touch. Have a look around and join in with us. Take care.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi @jan1953 and a warm welcome to our online community, how's your Thursday going?

I'm sorry to hear you've had a few strokes and the last one was particularly bad. Do you have aftercare from the Stroke Team or your GP? And how's it left you feeling?

We do have some members who've had a stroke, if you want to take a look through our Physical and neurological impairments category you might be able to relate to their stories. While there's the Stroke Association too where you can find support in your local area.

I hope you continue to recover well and if you need anything, please let us know. Take care!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • jan1953
    Options
    hi yes i did get support through stroke team i am doing really well now it good to chat to others who have been through same thing tho thank you for your reponce 
  • michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    hi jan fellow stroke graduate myself 2 strokes 16months ago left with mobility and sight problems i call it my 2nd youth 
  • jan1953
    Options
    hi i know what you mean nice to hear from you hope you are getting there 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.