Universal credit and lcwra increase — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit and lcwra increase

Options
LDJBluebell
LDJBluebell Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hi
I am paid 4th May- universal credit and my first lcwra payment.  I can view these payments from today.  There are no increases within mays payment for neither universal credit or lcwra.  I thought lcwra had increased to 390.06 from 342.00 I wasn't sure of the exact universalcredit increase but it gas remained the same.  Does anyone no why it has not increased please.  I have written on journal but they take ages to reply. Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The increase will apply to those with assessment periods that start from 10th April, with payment due from 16th May. 

You will not see your increase until your June payment. This is because UC is a monthly benefit and the system can’t acknowledge part increases. 

You will not lose out and everyone will be entitled to the same 12 payment increases. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BOOKIE68
    BOOKIE68 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    Hi we got paid our uc today ,there is a slight increase in the uc payment for us being a couple ( not full increase ) however my lcwra has remained the same , that has shown no increase at all , could someone just help me to understand how that works please? I have left a message on my journal but that does take a long time to recieve a reply , thank you in advance 😊 
  • BOOKIE68
    BOOKIE68 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    Sorry my mistake! Not increase due to us being a couple! It's slightly increased for the rent , so no increase for uc payment itself, apologies about that !! 😬 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    BOOKIE68 said:
    Hi we got paid our uc today ,there is a slight increase in the uc payment for us being a couple ( not full increase ) however my lcwra has remained the same , that has shown no increase at all , could someone just help me to understand how that works please? I have left a message on my journal but that does take a long time to recieve a reply , thank you in advance 😊 
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread no one will see the increase this month. For you other elements will be increased from your May payment. 

The reason why your housing element increased is because you're either renting from social housing and their increase applied from 1st April, which would mean the increase will apply to you this month. 

Or your renting privately and your landlord increased the rent from 1st April and you weren't receiving the maximum LHA for your circumstances. Otherwise LHA rates did not increase until 8th April so that increase will not apply this month. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ella1992
    ella1992 Community member Posts: 173 Courageous
    Options
    I'm paid 25th of every month my uc was old one will my new increase be 25th may plz 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ella1992 said:
    I'm paid 25th of every month my uc was old one will my new increase be 25th may plz 
    Yes it will be next month. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.