Cost of living update and blue badge news — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of living update and blue badge news

Options
shysparkler
shysparkler Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hello all this is a bit of a late one, I can see on my bank now that my cost of living payment is due to go through on Tuesday 2nd May which is really good news! Also I've just applied for a blue badge with my sister's house. Interesting to see that there's actually a difference between the rules in England and Wales. I lived in England for the first 18 years of my life but I'm in Wales now and I found out that I would've been automatically eligible for a blue badge in England, but not Wales, which is very interesting... I get 10 points on PIP due to psychological distress related to following/planning a journey and in England I saw that means you are entitled to a blue badge but as I live in Wales I'm hoping that my local council would give it to me discretionarily. Literally just submitted my application now. How have you found the blue badge process if you've undergone it? And if you're entitled to the cost of living payment this year have you received anything yet?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,536 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The rules to automatically qualify are different in Wales to what they are in England. Outside of automatically qualifying then all local Authorities have their own rules. https://www.gov.wales/blue-badges-eligibility-html

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shysparkler
    shysparkler Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Update! My blue badge application has been processed and my local council has ordered it! Very pleasantly surprised at how quick it was, I've got it for 2 years (as I applied a bit later than I was granted PIP so it expires when my PIP expires but hopefully the renewal process isn't so stressful).
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @ririri I'm pleased to hear your update, thanks for sharing it with us all, and hope you enjoy the weekend :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great to hear @ririri :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • BoredBoredBored
    BoredBoredBored Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Midlands here and from the day I received my new PIP reward letter it took just 9 days for the badge to pop through my letterbox. All done online, had to scan in a few letters and add a photo which was a fairly easy process.  Only confusing part was it asked for the last but one and last page where the points awarded were both on the last page anyway?  I just sent everything just in case.

Please to have got 10 points this time around the highest previously was just 4 points, so the application was fairly quick to fill in.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.