Music Pack & Posting Day β€” Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Music Pack & Posting Day

Options
GF1007
GF1007 Scope Member Posts: 33 Connected
Morning folks. Today is dull but dry, here in Berkshire and I'm feeling a bit mobile today - well at the moment haha - so I'm currently packing up some cassettes and CDs I've sold recently and looking forward to heading to the Post Office later. Often I can't do this, and someone else kindly takes my packages to be posted, but I feel today is a good day. Take care all and I hope you are having a good one too πŸ™‚πŸ‘‹

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cassettes! That's such a throwback! I remember trying to pop them in the car as a kid, whenever I was able to sit up front. Glad you are having a good day :)Β 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing?Β Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback?Β Complete our feedback form now.
  • GF1007
    Options
    Hello @Hannah_Scope. I hope your having a nice day. Haha yep, cassettes. I don't want to bore you but they are all the rage - since 2010 their popularity has been growing/re-growing. There's a lot of call for old tapes (long since deleted) by both the trend-setting youngsters (it's not all about the vinyl) and older collectors who want everything by an artist/band. Plus, many major - and minor -artists/bands have been putting out brand new music on tapes in the last couple of years.
    I jumped on the bandwagon of selling my old cassettes several years back.
    So far I've not heard of new cars getting tapes in them again so no fumbling with them there haha. Yes, I can recall them in friends parents cars and a couple of mates during the early 90's. Good times πŸ™‚
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I haven't seen they made a comeback! Have seen all the vinyl in stores. I much prefer using a cable in the car! much more convenient and definitely not as fiddly :)Β 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing?Β Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback?Β Complete our feedback form now.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,405 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi @GF1007 I hope your good day continued and you were able to take your parcels to the Post Office. Enjoy your evening. Take care.
  • GF1007
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope they are big business globally. Not only do you have Record Store Day now but there are cassette days too. There are countries that have vending machines selling them like those that sell snacks/drinks. Independent record shops are clambering to get their hands on second hand stuff. Artists such as Queen and Lady Gaga release music on cassette now. Tapes can sell for hundreds of pounds. During the madness that followed the Kate Bush song/album feat. in Stranger Things last season copies of her old cassettes were going for silly money - even the J and U Card artwork on it's own was a catch.
    I'm not really into vinyl these days myself and will sell mine in time but it's so nice to see tangible music popular again.
    I'm fortunate my car still has a CD player so I burn CDRs for there - would never play an original in a car player haha πŸ˜±πŸ˜€Β 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,768 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @GF1007 Great to hear you have had a good day
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming πŸ’‘

• GF1007
    Options
    Hello @Beaver79. Thank you for your comment. Generally my day was okay all told. I did get to the PO but fell asleep shattered when I got in, for getting on for five hours. Fatigue grrr. Still shattered.
    I hope you are well and had a good day/evening.
    You take care too and thanks again πŸ™‚πŸ‘‹
  • GF1007
    Options
    Hello @woodbine. Thanks for your comment. I hope you are doing okay.
    Between fatigue sleep it was a good one yesterday. I've had a few lately and I really appreciate them when they happen. Today is more the norm - not so hot, but I gave up a long time ago giving up on myself so I am gonna push through and enjoy what I can. Take care πŸ™‚πŸ‘‹
  • Wilshyboy
    Wilshyboy Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Options
    I recently gave all my CDs away to a friend of mine who has distributed them among friends and family,there was about 400 at a rough guess. I have now got all my music on I tunes in the cloud. Also he took about 200 books paperback and hardback and he donated them to a local retirement complex for their library. My CDs hadn't been used for over 2 years so i obviously didn't need them any more, i i just hope they bring people as much pleasure as they did me,
  • GF1007
    Options
    Hello @Wilshyboy. Certainly if you were not playing them anymore or are not a seller of such media anyway (I have been selling on eBay etc since the 90's) then that's a nice thing to do. Good for you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.