If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My SDP case conclusion

Options
sd100
sd100 Community member Posts: 126 Courageous
Today I got the phone call that concluded my Sdp claim.
The same lady that I spoke to yesterday informed me that she heard back from debt management and is going to send me all the backdated pay that I was owed which should reach me in 3 working days.

I just want to thank everyone here that gave me feedback and advise and a special thanks to Polly123456 who always replied so quickly to any of my concerns, I don’t know how she does it (scope should be paying her lol) anyway just for anybody else that is in similar situation to me and may be owed Sdp which apparantly is a lot more people, please pursue it and don’t give up as it’s a substantial amount of money.

The lady I spoke to told me they are doing some kind of audit trying to fix up this mess as there are lots of people that are missing out, and I don’t mean just from the migration,but many people who were just never aware of it.

Im no expert on this but if anybody is going through it and would like to ask any questions about the process that I might be able to answer I will do so, there are already some very knowledgable people here already but if I can be an ear to help I will try.

All the Best..

Comments

• sd100
    Options
    Did I write Polly again??? I meant special thanks to Poppy123456
  • sd100
    Options
    I swear it’s my predicted text
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Polly 123456 haha funny :D I'm so glad to hear that it's finally been sorted and you received a phone call today as promised yesterday! I'm sure that's a huge relief to you!

Thank you for the kinds words, they do mean a lot. As some people already know here, i'm always happy to help anyone.

When you receive the money you should treat yourself to something nice! Enjoy your weekend now you know it's sorted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,635 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@sd100
    Aww great news I’m so pleased it’s sorted now,I have read your thread about it. 
    As Poppy said treat yourself to something nice.
  • sd100
    Options
    Polly 123456 haha funny :D I'm so glad to hear that it's finally been sorted and you received a phone call today as promised yesterday! I'm sure that's a huge relief to you!

Thank you for the kinds words, they do mean a lot. As some people already know here, i'm always happy to help anyone.

When you receive the money you should treat yourself to something nice! Enjoy your weekend now you know it's sorted.
    Thank you again Polly….just messing😘
  • sd100
    Options
    Lou67 said:

@sd100
    Aww great news I’m so pleased it’s sorted now,I have read your thread about it. 
    As Poppy said treat yourself to something nice.
    Thank you Lou67 it’s such a relief
  • poppy123456
    Options
    sd100 said:

Thank you again Polly….just messing😘

Haha and i know :D<3
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sd100
    Options
    This might be silly question but if payment was sent on Friday should it have arrived today? Or Tomorrow because of the bank holiday on Monday?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    3-5 workings days for a BACS payment to go into your bank. You should receive it by the end of the week.
  • sd100
    Options
    That’s good to hear thank you poppy
  • sd100
    Options
    Hi again hope all is well.
    I recieved 5 letters today from esa but they each had only info saying money was paid into my bank and from which dates it was owed. Each letter was the same apart from the payment amounts as it was split into 5 different payment.
    there is nothing on any letter explaining the payments or anything about disregards, I’m just worried that there is no written proof that it will be disregarded.
    is it worth phoning and asking for a letter explaining more about these payments, as in the future I’m concerned if they ask for anything and I have no written proof?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I not even sure it would say it's disregarded for the life of the ESA claim due to official error. Just keep the letters as proof of all the money.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,678 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When I got backpay I put it in a separate bank account.  You don't have to do that.  But I find it much easier to work out how much of the backpay I have left.  Also means I've got easy proof (bank statement) showing exactly how much you got and when, without all the confusing clutter of normal payments on the same statement as well.  :)
  • sd100
    Options
    I not even sure it would say it's disregarded for the life of the ESA claim due to official error. Just keep the letters as proof of all the money.
    Just saw your reply now poppy, I did call them and they said there should have been a letter attached explaining it more and they will send a new one, just a mix up and should have been sent with the ones I recieved.
  • sd100
    Options
    When I got backpay I put it in a separate bank account.  You don't have to do that.  But I find it much easier to work out how much of the backpay I have left.  Also means I've got easy proof (bank statement) showing exactly how much you got and when, without all the confusing clutter of normal payments on the same statement as well.  :)
    Thanks for reply, that’s a good idea 👍 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.