pip evidence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip evidence

Options
vivienneferreira
vivienneferreira Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hello i know lctwra and pip are different but my problems fit both , i have just been awarded lctwra and have put a claim in for pip could i send pip my assesment as evidence as the things are very relevent to my claim?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you mean can you send your LCWRA assessment report as evidence for your PIP claim? If so then i see no harm in doing that.

When filling out the PIP form you also need to make sure you include a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vivienneferreira
    vivienneferreira Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    thanks yes thats what i meant ,i have already sent tyhe form and filled it like you mentioned but thought this new assesment fro lctwra would help as well, it says on the email from pip to send any further evidence
  • Squeakypips
    Squeakypips Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    A well-focused note from your GP could be useful. See if you can get them to use the precise wording you need for the PIP activity, with "cannot" or cannot safely at the front.   
    It was for me.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,670 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A well-focused note from your GP could be useful. See if you can get them to use the precise wording you need for the PIP activity, with "cannot" or cannot safely at the front.   
    It was for me.
    Not easy to get a GP to do that and often not taken with a pinch of salt by the DWP, the reason? A GP won't know how your daily life is affected which is what PIP is all about.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with woodbine here, letters from a GP carry very little weight. Not only that a GP is likely to charge for a letter and i wouldn't pay for such letter when my GP knows nothing about how much health conditions affect me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.