Would you go to turkey to get your teeth done? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would you go to turkey to get your teeth done?

Options
life
life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
I have been thinking about this a lot but still unsure. I would get to go on holiday too so that would be fun 👌

I don't have the worst teeth but still feel insecure while smiling or talking to someone.

Does anyone have advice or story's about getting teeth done abroad? 

Also I'd hate to pay for them but then get too anxious and not turn up.

Costs about £3000-£5000 for flights, hotel and getting teeth done.

Would you go and get them done?

Would you go to turkey to get your teeth done? 12 votes

Yes
0%
No
100%
tommwoodbineLuna51Sandy_123bg844POGGYFLOSSCartiniWelshBlueJessieJBeaver79pinklady45Melioraaa 12 votes

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,429 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No
    I would not myself but everyone should make their own choice.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No
    If you decide to, do research in the company doing it. Alot of uk dentists offer cosmetic  treatments for monthly payment plans. Have a search around and pricing 
  • Superbetty
    Superbetty Community member Posts: 448 Pioneering
    Options
    life said:
    I have been thinking about this a lot but still unsure. I would get to go on holiday too so that would be fun 👌

I don't have the worst teeth but still feel insecure while smiling or talking to someone.

Does anyone have advice or story's about getting teeth done abroad? 

Also I'd hate to pay for them but then get too anxious and not turn up.

Costs about £3000-£5000 for flights, hotel and getting teeth done.

Would you go and get them done?

My friend went to Turkey for weight loss surgery, and now she is having her teeth done. She knows what she is doing, she has done research, checked reviews. Her weight loss surgery went very well, her stay at hospital was great, it was all very good standard of care. She chosen medium price hospital with good reviews, as you would do, you wouldn't choose anything cheapest, that is always suspicious. Now she went for first stay to have her teeth done, again, very happy. As it is in two stages. She booked her second stay already.Definitely do research, and if you can afford it, then it is your decision. If you have any questions, I don't mind asking her.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    edited May 2023
    Options
    No
    Personally I wouldn`t, but each to their own.  I`m not fussed about holidays abroad (20 years in the Royal Navy took me all round the globe) and I would rather my dentist be close to hand than half way round the world in case anything goes wrong.

• life
    Options
    Thanks @Beaver79 @Sandy_123 @Superbetty and @Cartini

Yes I've been doing some research but just never know. You do hear horror stories but I see more good reviews than bad.

Actually @Cartini when I moved to the area I live now I couldn't get a dentist I tried all in my area. So I just used 111 services if in any tooth pain. It's quicker to get an appointment in Turkey lol jk.

Can I ask @Superbetty where in Turkey she got her teeth done?

I've seen about 5 places but don't know which one I'm going to choose yet. 
  • Superbetty
    Superbetty Community member Posts: 448 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @life, I will ask her and let you know:-)
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 764 Pioneering
    Options
    No
    My daughter had hers done in the UK with a reputable dentist - it has done wonders for her confidence.
    Can see her coming a mile off ... 

If she had decided on 'Turkey Teeth' I would have done my best to dissuade her.  I've read too many horror stories of complications when people have come home.  From extreme sensitivity to serious infections

As others have said, research, research and more research.  Good luck
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,768 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No
    Personally no but my daughters ex did so whilst on holiday two years running and saved a fortune as he was going anyway.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• life
    Options
    Thanks @Superbetty that's kind of you 👍

@WelshBlue that's great glad she's happy. I honestly couldn't afford getting it done in the Uk so have to go with this option. I'll do my research and thanks for commenting.

Thanks @woodbine yes will save me money but would hate to have to go back to turkey if something went wrong. Guess it's a risk but maybe a risk worth taking.
  • paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
    Loads of people have teeth done in Turkey  and well as lots of other surgeries , not just from here but all over the world. Do your research and go with a reputable one. 
  • life
    Options
    Thanks @paries1 will do 👌
  • pinklady45
    pinklady45 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    No
    I wouldn't but its personal choice 
  • CoffeeFirst
    CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    Options
    I can’t think of anything worse. 

I’d only consider the UK to get the work done but I guess research is the answer. 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     We go to Turkey regularly and last year there was a new ' dental clinic' on the strip in between the bars, night clubs and restaurants. It was previously a Mexican restaurant....  :/ The Turkish people are laughing at the British. 
  • life
    Options
    Thanks for commenting @pinklady25 @CoffeeFirst @vikingqueen .why are they laughing @vikingqueen ? Too much laughing gas lol no seriously I do understand why people get it done over there. In the UK someone like me could never afford treatment here.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,930 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How much does it cost to get them done at home in comparison?
  • WelshBlue
    Options
    No
    My daughter paid about £1000 for laser whitening here in the UK ... really does work.

But what price self esteem ?  Whether it be here or Turkey

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,930 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Apparently to look "cool" you need to come across like you have not made an effort to be cool, it just comes naturally.

I always said I am half way to being cool. Because I have not made any effort. :D 
  • WelshBlue
    Options
    No
    My making an effort now is shaving my head and putting my front tooth in ... sad state of time passing when I spend longer grooming my nose and ears than my hair  :D

I'm lived in.  And content. Reminds me of last year and a complete stranger walking up to me and my wife and out of the blue ... 

"You are really punching - you're either filthy rich or have a massive ...."

My wife just smirked and said, "Neither"
  • life
    Options
    @66Mustang it's like 65-70% cheaper in Turkey. It's the better option price wise, but if something goes wrong I've heard dentists won't help once you've got the teeth done in Turkey.

Lol @WelshBlue if that ain't love 🤷

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.