If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcrwa

Options
Sar1
Sar1 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
I received my work capability assessment decision back on the 23rd of April 2023 and I get universal credit on the 14th of every month. I have checked my payments for this month and my lcrwa has been awarded in this month's payment. I thought the assessment period was 91 days? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,264 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods starting from when you first reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. Not from when the decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sar1
    Options
    That's what I thought but I have had a response on my online journal and they tell me there is nothing on there end that says anything about waiting 91 days. They say that my payments started the same day that I received my assessment decision 
  • Sar1
    Options
    I have also been sending in fit notes for a long time but I was only referred for a work capability assessment in Oct/Nov last year 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If money is owed it will be paid separately to your usual monthly money. When it's paid from exactly will depend on the answer to these questions.

What date exactly did you report your health condition/send your first fit note?
    Have you sent fit notes the whole time without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Sar1
    Options
    I had a months job trial in October 2021 and I have been sending in fit notes since end of 2022
  • Sar1
    Options
    Sorry I meant end of 2021
  • Sar1
    Options
    The first fit note I can see on my journal of the 8th of April 2022
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I need to know the exact date you sent your first fit note. Without knowing this i can't tell you exactly what the LCWRA element is paid from.
    Based on the limited information you gave your first payment will be either April or May 2022. It often takes quite a few weeks to pay any money that's owed.

First they need to recalculate your past statements to work out how much you've been paid against how much you should have been paid, you will then receive the difference between the 2.

Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe and it will then be paid into your bank.
  • Sar1
    Options
  • Sar1
    Options
    This was my first fit note. I asked if I would be backdated on my journal today and I was told that I wouldn't be due any back pay
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You said it was end of 2021. If you sent fit notes the whole time without any gaps then your waiting period will be April to July 2022.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 8th July to 7th August and first payment will be 14th August.

If there were gaps in your fit notes then it can affect when the extra money is paid from.
  • Sar1
    Options
    The job trial ended in October 2021. I was sure I started getting fit notes straight away but I checked my journal and the first one states April 2022
  • Sar1
    Options
  • Sar1
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    This is not correct. If the information you gave me is correct then my advice here is correct.
    You said it was end of 2021. If you sent fit notes the whole time without any gaps then your waiting period will be April to July 2022.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 8th July to 7th August and first payment will be 14th August.

If there were gaps in your fit notes then it can affect when the extra money is paid from.
    Were there any gaps at all in your fit notes?

• Sar1
    Options
    That's what I thought because it even said on the letter I received that I wouldn't start being paid until after the 91 days. No there were no gaps between any of my fit notes
  • Sar1
    Options
    I do have screenshots of my fit note dates if I can upload if it's easier. It's just very confusing for me
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I don't need to see any of your fit notes. Put a message onto your journal under the payment section and tell them that the waiting period starts from when you first provided evidence of your health condition. (first fit note) Your calculations tell you that the LCWRA should start from assessment period 8th July to 7th August and first payment will be 14th August.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.