Discrimination — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Discrimination

Options
jinnty
jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
Scope have been amazing in their campaign for disabled people and I like others thank them very much for standing up for us but I wanted to point something out that kinda proves that they they and us are up against. The law states that disabled people should not be discriminated against and to be treated less than a non disabled person, but isn’t that what the government is doing. They are treating disabled people less than non disabled. For people who don’t qualify for the full amount of the cost of living payment, doesn’t that make it discrimination by paying us less? They say they are looking after the vulnerable but are they? I’m not making a political post I’m just pointing out the obvious and how campaigns by organisations like Scope are highlighting the difference and difficulties facing disabled people. If our own government discriminates how are we supposed to fight for our rights in everyday situations? I at a loss on how much more we can fight. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,819 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with Purrrrr here, disabled people that are claiming disability benefits such as PIP/AA/DLA and ADP will receive the £150 this summer.

The £900 payment that's been paid between now and Spring 2024 then that's for those claiming certain means tested benefits. Alot of disabled people also claim certain means tested benefits which will also mean they will be entitled to this.

Some disabled people work or live with partners that work so their circumstances mean that they don't qualify for means tested benefits. I don't see this as discrimination.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.