If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Some rubbish different day

Options
katseyes72
katseyes72 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I feel I have no-one to talk to. I am married but when I talk to my husband he always just says  "it will be ok", "don't worry" all the usual things.  I HATE my life.  It's full of Nothing.  I have  'Some rubbish different day'  feeling right now.  I do suffer with depression.  I don't have any REAL friends that I feel comfortable talking to. Have done the whole 'talk to a professional' thing. So thought I would try here. 

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @katseyes72 You can talk to us there is always someone on the forum. You might like to look in the Coffee lounge under Categories for chats and games. No one will judge you on the forum so please join in or ask whatever you feel comfortable with. Take care.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,138 Scope online community team
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time and feeling like you have no one to talk to @katseyes72. I'm really glad you've joined us here on the community and I hope you find that the relative anonymity of a forum like this can make it easier to be open and discuss things you want to talk about. 

I can imagine that hearing the same responses may start to feel quite unhelpful. Have you thought about what type of response you'd like from him and spoken to him about it? It's likely that he thinks he's being supportive and encouraging but if that's not working for you, being open about that may help you both. 

Additionally, have you thought about exploring new hobbies or activities to help break up the monotony of your daily routine? Sometimes trying something new can bring a sense of excitement and purpose to your life. You might also consider joining a support group for people with depression or other mental health struggles, as this can provide a sense of community and understanding. I find planning an activity for the future can help give me something to look forward to and helps distract from day-to-day monotony. 

Remember that you're not going through this alone. 

Community Manager
    Scope
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.