If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

UC - biographical telephone appointment

Options
JonnycJonny
JonnycJonny Scope Member Posts: 144 Empowering
Have a biographical telephone appointment coming up - what to expect ? Is it purely an ID check for my claim or something more ?

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Championing
    Options
    Just an ID check, should be a nice, quick and easy phone call.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    Let us know how it was as and when @JonnycJonny :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • JonnycJonny
    Options
    Thank you. I think I must have clicked the wrong box during the UC online application process - I had no option to upload any ID evidence. I guess the biographical call comes off the back of that. Will update.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,980 Championing
    Options
    I hope this goes well for you @JonnycJonny. Please don't hesitate to let us know how this goes and if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • JonnycJonny
    Options
    Call went fine but I had to go into the JC the following day with identity documents.

Not sure why I had the tel appointment in the first place  - it didn't establish anything. Just kept someone busy. 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,392 Scope online community team
    Options
    It does seem somewhat pointless to have a telephone appointment to verify your identity and then have to go in to do it anyway! I'm glad it is all sorted now for you @JonnycJonny
    Community Manager
    Scope
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.