Second name change — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Second name change

Options
smeggy
smeggy Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Like I said in pervious post about me getting married and asking if me husband can take it down. So he did and they said “I need to go down” they refused to take it. Does anyone know why? I’m scared, my anxiety is going through the roof as I have an appointment on the 25th. Can I phone uc instead and ask to send it over in email or something. I’m not sleeping, especially with thoughts going through my head about what if they ask me to go for another assessment and stuff. My head is battered. Help. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,551 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can try to put a message onto your journal to ask if you can send a copy onto your journal, i don't know if this is possible. Attending your local JC for this will have nothing to do with any work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • smeggy
    Options
    You can try to put a message onto your journal to ask if you can send a copy onto your journal, i don't know if this is possible. Attending your local JC for this will have nothing to do with any work capability assessment.
    ok Thankyou. How long will it take for me to do this as my anxiety and everything is going through the roof 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will need to put the message onto your journal first to ask. It's just a name change and shouldn't be this complicated. It doesn't change your UC at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • smeggy
    Options
    You will need to put the message onto your journal first to ask. It's just a name change and shouldn't be this complicated. It doesn't change your UC at all.
    They just said I need to go down there and hand them the evidence of name change and the appointment is 20mins long. Could phoning them be better? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you're unable to attend the appointment because of your health condition then you need to tell them this. It's ridiculous that they are making something so simple, so difficult.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.