Limited capacity to work assessment does anyone know what this means am I entitled to anything — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Limited capacity to work assessment does anyone know what this means am I entitled to anything

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will be entitled to extra money from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. 

When it’s paid from exactly will depend on what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month. Without knowing the answer to those questions it’s impossible to advise. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maccalacca
    maccalacca Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    I have been providing sick notes since April last year I usually get up payments on the 21st of each month does this letter mean I am entitled to get extra money 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, extra money. It will be from either July or August 2022. I can’t tell you exactly when it’s paid from because you have said what date exactly you sent your first fit note. 

My advice is assuming you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • maccalacca
    Options

I have been handing in sick notes from the 15 th of April 2022 I completed the assessment and got the letter this. Week I usually get my universal cred payment on the 22nd of every month 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your waiting period will be April to July 2022. LCWRA starts from assessment period 16th July to 15th August and fiat payment would be 22nd August 2022.

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. 
  • maccalacca
    Options
    So when willi start getting paid it thank you 
  • maccalacca
    Options
    Will it start on my next universal credit payment  on the 21st of this month and will it include any back payment if not how long will it take to pay me back dated money 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You keep changing your payment dates. Whether your payment is usually 22nd or 21st you first payment is still from August 2022.

It maybe too late to have the LCWRA element included with this months statement because you’re almost at the end of your assessment period for this month. You will need to check to see if it’s included when you receive the statement. 

As I advised here 

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. 
    If the element is included with this months money they will owe you 9 months. If it isn’t it will be 10 months. 

They will need to recalculate your past statements before they can pay what is owed. This will tell them how much money you’ve already received against what you should have received. You will then be owed the difference between the 2. Once this is done you’ll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much is owed and it will be paid into your bank. 
  • maccalacca
    Options
    Ok thank you I really appreciate you taking the time to help x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.