If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP and non dependents

Options
kez7
kez7 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Sorry if I have done this wrong but first time.
 I receive ESA income related in support group and receive PIP.  I now have to make a Universal Credit application for my 19 year old son as his education has finished as I am his appointee he receives PIP in his own right and I am his carer he receives NHS CHC funding and lives with me. Will I loose my Severe Disability Premium. Have looked online but information is confusing.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There will be no change to your SDP because your son also claims daily living PIP. Being his appointee for his PIP will not cover the UC as well. For this you need to request to become his appointee.

You should start a claim for UC as if you're him. Once you've submitted the claim you should put a message onto his journal and ask to become his appointee. Someone will then contact you to arrange this.

When you claim UC please make sure you report his health condition. You will then need to send a fit note within 7 days of that. Then continue to send them without any gaps until a decision is made on his WCA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kez7
    kez7 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.