What do you do when you feel burnout? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do you do when you feel burnout?

Options
iza
iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
Hi all, I hope you are all good. 
I wanted  only to ask: What do you do when you feel burnout? 
What do you do to regain the motivation ? What brings up the level of your inner energy? 
What is your magic secret? 

All advices and suggestions are very welcomed. 

Comments

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 565 Pioneering
    Options
    When I become down and blue, as I did this Sunday night because my flat was flooded, I sort of look around me and I count my blessings. I know there is always someone worse off than myself. It doesn't matter how depressed I get the depression is always transitory because I know that at the end of the day I can only move upwards and forward.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,553 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Music is always good to lift your spirits and to get motivated
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @iza

I hope you're well? :) When I burnout I tend to sleep and reset. I like to re-organise my space so I feel more productive. I usually feel motivated when reading too. I read The Paris Library the other week and now have a little savings pot so I can save up to go. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • iza
    Options
    Hi @Hannah_Scope, yes lovely idea to save money for a trip. I do have little naps from time to time too. 
  • iza
    Options
    Hi @Steve_in_The_City, I am sorry to hear your flat was flooded. I love the idea of counting the blessings. I keep forgetting about things like that. I should perhaps remind myself what I am most thankful for. 
  • iza
    Options
    Hi @Sandy_123 you are right. I used to listen to music on my phone from time to time until my hot spot and Bluetooth were working properly. Now once the portal is broken on my phone I indeed didn’t listen to anything for a month. 
  • iza
    Options
    Hi @Purrrrrrr, I’m happy that keto diet works for you the best. I follow one lady on Instagram who is influencer of Keto lifestyle but for me too much meat in that diet. But will definitely keep myself limited to social media’s sources as they do take lots of personal time and agree you may feel it is too much for mental state sometimes. 
  • iza
    Options
    Hi @stormy, agree catching up on sleeping is what definitely I need the most. Will try to have longer nights. 
  • Autism_at_40
    Autism_at_40 Community member Posts: 724 Pioneering
    Options
    I've had burnout now for about a year, my recovery has been severely hindered by all the stuff I've had to deal with whilst in burnout.

I think you have to give yourself permission to rest and do whatever feels right for you.  I don't feel bad if I need to sleep in until 3pm in the afternoon.  

I play games to keep my mind off things, I relax and watch TV, but I think mostly, I just get extra sleep and listen to relaxing ASMR videos.

About the comment on Keto, I have tried Keto and yes it does have its benefits, but I just don't think it's something that can be maintained.  It's not just the grains, processed foods and sugar though, when I went into it, you literally have to take things like carrots and parsnips out because they are too 'carby'.  It can help you in the short term, but from my perspective it was not something that I could live with.  Basically, eating only green vegetables, barely any fruit and lots of healthy fat and protein.  It might work for some people, but definitely wasn't something I could keep up with.
  • Autism_at_40
    Autism_at_40 Community member Posts: 724 Pioneering
    Options
    That's far too much information for me to read in my current state of brain fog and poor concentration.

But your first comment sums it up really, 'adapted to low carb'  so there it is.  It's more expensive because low carb alternatives like almond or coconut flour are more expensive (I assume you have to use one of those in your yorkshire puddings).  You can't have roast potatoes, which is a big thing for me on a roast dinner.

I like my potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, swede, pineapple, apple, banana, etc etc

I know it has a lot of health benefits, but I don't think it is sustainable for me, as I already said.  
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @Purrrrrrr loving the garden and plants was thinking about buying some for my garden earlier
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Yes I get mine from markets, wilko b&m they usually have reduced ones because they couldn't be bothered to look after them. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.