People having a Go At Me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

People having a Go At Me

Options
sparklebright628
sparklebright628 Community member Posts: 60 Connected
Hi to all,

These past few weeks the Lady in the bungalow below us said to me that if my cats go in her garden 1 more time she is going to let her lurcher dog Kill them.
Cats R supposed to Roam free and go where they want to.

I have reported her to the council and the 
Mp for this area last year she reported us for putting decking down now lying saying this is the first time she's done anything.

And just to make things harder my daughter had a go at me yesterday evening saying I cannot buy a smaller bike to help me loose more weight for health reasons.

I am fed up of people being nasty to me
Just because I am trying to improve my health for myself this is causing me more anxiety for sure.

What can I do I just feel like I want to move from this horrible place.

Sparklebright63.

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,402 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sparklebright63 I am sorry you are having such a difficult time at the moment. Moving is not always the answer as you do not know who your new neighbours are going to be. Cats are pretty resilient and can usually out think most dogs. I think you are doing a great thing by trying to loose weight and be more healthy well done. Try and ignore your daughter when she is unkind. Good luck. Take care. 
  • sparklebright628
    Options
    Hi there,

Well staying here isn't the answer either next to nasty neighbours people dont have any brains I have never liked this area would rather be somewhere nicer than round here the neighnour in question only moved here cus she caused trouble where she lived before.

Sparklebright63.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,402 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @Sparklebright63 Are you able to move? Do you have an idea of where you would like to live? Bad neighbours can have a dreadful impact on our health. Good luck in finding some where else to live. Take care. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having with your neighbour @sparklebright628

Citizen's Advice has an information page about complaining about your neighbour you may find useful to read. Can I ask, do you own your house or rent? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sparklebright628
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi Hannah,

This is a [Removed by moderator- privacy] Rented Property.

Sparklebright63.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @sparklebright628

I've just taken the name out for privacy reasons. Have you thought about asking whether they have a home swap list? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • sparklebright628
    Options
    My husband won't want to move so I would have to move on my own which I am prepared to do because don't get on really well.
    Both opposites personalitys

I am all for helping myself and he's a stick in the mud just wants to stay where he is and not move at all.

Sparklebright63.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry you are getting hassle from your neighbour, but must admit cats can be a pain when they :"invade" other gardens I know our local cats use our garden as a toilet. But having said that I would never make threats against their owners.
    @sparklebright628
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Spoonbill
    Spoonbill Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Re. "Citizen's Advice has an information page about complaining about your neighbour you may find useful to read." It's also got a link about mediation, which could be well worth trying (to avoid escalation if nothing else.) If this doesn't lead anywhere (or maybe as well) I'd be trying your local community advocacy organisation (POhWER etc.) for support and guidance.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for picking up on that @Spoonbill, as you mention, local advocacy support might also be worth considering @sparklebright628, there's a list on the NHS of advocacy services which you can contact.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

• sparklebright628
    Options
    Hi to all,

Thankyou for the above Information
     Might be usefull.

Sparklebright63.
  • Wilshyboy
    Wilshyboy Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've got a neighbour like that, I had one like that always moaning about something, in the end i just ignored them completely and eventually they gave up. As for the dog, a Lurcher that should be out in the garden anyway, if it was cats wouldn't go in there at all.                                                               As for your daughter, if you want to get a smaller bike get one, its your money to do what you like with.     I wish i was still able to ride one, So spend your money and enjoy your bike.
  • sparklebright628
    Options
    Hi 
    Thankyou for Reply

Sparklebright63

• Margare93222061
    Margare93222061 Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @sparklebright628
    i would call the police next time  the neighbour is nasty to you I have not spoken to my neighbour  for 13 years I have been.stalked by her and being stared at because of the way I walk i also have a cat and they roam free  some people lead sad lives I hope  things sort out but do not move out of your home because then the neighbour has won . All the best Margaret 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Margare93222061 I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour too, have you ever spoken to anyone about your concerns, or reported anything to the police?

I'm sure your cat enjoys roaming around, I know my cats did when I was younger :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

• Margare93222061
    Margare93222061 Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    My neighbour does not bother me now.  I know how to stick up for myself I do not put up with nonsense. but  sometimes when you tell people what she has been like they just laugh, but they will have their turn one day take care Alex Margaret 
  • sparklebright628
    Options
    Hi to all

Thankyou for uoure replies all of you.

Sparklebright628.
  • Stellar
    Stellar Community member Posts: 131 Pioneering
    Options
    unfortunately moving is the only real way to escape toxic neighbours. either that or hope they move themselves on their own accord.

other alternative is to spend years of your life logging everything they do and reporting them over and over again to the council and hope they do something (which they don't, and usually reporting makes it worse)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.