If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Care of address

Options
kane1994
kane1994 Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
edited May 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I need to start my own single uc claim soon but I don't have my own address anymore can I use my grandmothers address as care of and it won't affect anything on her end she's a pensioner or pension credit? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,211 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would be very cautious about using her address, if she's claiming pension credit then it could affect that. Are you homeless?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kane1994
    Options
    I have a place to stay but i don't have an address to claim at I'm also in the lcwwra element too so I'm in between a rock and hard place 
  • kane1994
    Options
    She says she gets £14.59 off them and it's pension credit with savings so if they found out she'll only loose the £14.59 am I right? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you explain you're only using it as a care of address then it maybe ok. Is there any reason why you can't use the address you'll be staying at?
    You said you're going from a joint to a single claim, will you still be living in the same house as your ex partner? If so then providing you're paying your share of the bills and living as a single person there shouldn't be an issue to claim as a single person. Of course it will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kane1994
    Options
    Thank you I'll use it as a care of address I can then say I stay at a friend's one night then somewhere else the next can't I as long as its not long term would I have to give their address 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you have a care of address then you don't need to give another address.
  • kane1994
    Options
    I have until the end of the month we aren't getting and it's time to move on so it'll have to be a care of address and see where I go from there 
  • kane1994
    Options
    Fantastic thank you 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.