pip phone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip phone assessment

Options
chele67
chele67 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
Hello, had my pip review phone assessment last week, does anyone know how i find out what the assessor wrote please? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can contact PIP and ask them to send you a copy of the assessment report. If it's been returned they will send you a copy. Please do be aware that it's not the decision, it's a recommendation only. Requesting the report often causes more needless anxiety and isn't always the best idea to request it.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chele67
    Options
    Thankyou :)  if i did request it and i didnt agree with what the assessor wrote what can i do? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can try ringing PIP to ask for a decision maker to ring you so you can get your points accross to them. Other than that once a decision is made if you're not happy you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chele67 I know Turn2Us has a clear overview of the next steps if you would like to challenge the PIP decision, but you can only know exactly what your award is once you get the confirmation letter. 

How did you find the assessment last week?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chele67
    Options
    Hi @chele67 I know Turn2Us has a clear overview of the next steps if you would like to challenge the PIP decision, but you can only know exactly what your award is once you get the confirmation letter. 

How did you find the assessment last week?
    Thankyou :)  The assessment was over an hour and she was friendly enough if not a bit patronising! she seemed to think i may get better! i said MS is a lifelong disability-which is why im worried what her report will be :( 
  • chele67
    Options
    You can try ringing PIP to ask for a decision maker to ring you so you can get your points accross to them. Other than that once a decision is made if you're not happy you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)
    Thankyou :) so i ring to get a copy of the assessors report and then call a decision maker if i dont agree with her report? do i do that before the dwp send me their award or non award ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes contact PIP for the report, as i advised. Remember, it's a recommendation only. You can do this either before or after the decision is made, it's your decision.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,662 Pioneering
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Do the MR in writing, there is a form you can use, give 'real  world examples' of how the condition effect you from day to day. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.  

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration-pip/

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.