Cost of Living payment. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of Living payment.

Mancityfc1
Mancityfc1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2023 in Cost of living
Hi everyone, every month I recieve universal credit, how much depends on my earnings along with my wifes.the only month we don't receive a payment is for January as my wife gets paid twice in in that month, my question is why is our assessment period based on Januarys payment £0.00. Which means we are not entitled to the cost of living payment this year ! I'm at my wits end !
Thanks, David. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Assessment periods are every month and not just one month. The first day of your assessment period starts on the first day of your claim. Your entitlement to UC will depend on your circumstances on the last day of each assessment period.

The qualifying criteria for the £301 payment is you must be been entitled to a payment or later been entitled to a payment for an assessment and period that ends between 26th Jan and 25th Feb. 

If your wife is paid every 4 weeks from her employer there will be one month a year where you will receive 2 lots of wages in an assessment period. 

Unfortunately for you the criteria for the first payment fell in a month where your UC was reduced to zero. There were other people that this happened to last year and I’m afraid there’s nothing you can do. 

Hopefully you will qualify for the next one which is due sometime in the Autumn. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.