If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdating uc

Options
dexter48
dexter48 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I put in my first sick note in last year in February. This year I’ve been awarded the lcwra. I am aware this is not paid for the first three months. How long does it take for the backdated payment to come through ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,156 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very often it takes quite a few weeks. The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods, with the extra money being paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. Your first payment will be either June or July 2022.
    Depending on what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dexter48
    Options
    My first sick note was in last February, it’s taken a year to fry a decision, so it’s been 16 weeks and still no back payment, it seems a very long time 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,156 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you sure the decision was LCWRA and not just LCW? some people confuse the two and there's no extra money for LCW. Did you send fit notes the whole time without any gaps? If you did and it was definitely LCWRA then put a message on your journal under the payment section and ask about the money they owe you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dexter48
    Options
    Yes it was definitely the lcwra payment, I’m now getting extra money every month. I’ve tried putting comments in my journal in the payment section, but they have said they are working on it. 16 weeks seems a long time to me 🤔
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    These things do seem to take quite a long time @dexter48, unfortunately. Hopefully, they will finish working on it soon. Positive to hear you are now getting extra money every month. How are you currently feeling about everything?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.