Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Single persons claim (new)

Options
kane1994
kane1994 Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
Hi I've just made a new claim for uc today after separating from my partner on the old joint claim I had limited capability to work and work related activity award and it doesn't seem to show that it's on although one person said they could see it when I've selected 'my work plan' it says created by agent today jobs I am not required to apply for jobs at this time activies I do not have to do any work related activities at this time I'm going down the job center tomorrow to see if I can get it sorted out as I need to verify my bank account too. 

Comments

• kane1994
    Options
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi there @kane1994 and welcome from me, I hope you can get it all sorted at the job centre tomorrow, let us know how you get on :) 

Please ask if we can lend a hand with anything else!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kane1994
    Options
    Does this mean my limited capability to work and work related activity award is on my new claim my work plan' it says created by agent today jobs I am not required to apply for jobs at this time activies I do not have to do any work related activities at this
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A new claim shouldn’t have been needed. It should have just been a change of circumstances reported through your other journal. 
    If you kept a copy of the decision letter for LCWRA then show them this at the appointment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kane1994
    Options
    I have one and I believe it was change of circumstances however I had to update my bank info as she had the money in her bank on the joint one 
  • kane1994
    Options
    Hi I've just checked it was a change in circumstance so everything should still be the same? I can't see my limited capability to work and work related activity award as there's no statement on yet 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You said you started a new claim so there won't be any details of your LCWRA award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kane1994
    Options
    I've went to the bottom of my journal and it says change in circumstance also my login details are the same as before so it can't be a new claim 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You won't see the LCWRA element anyway until you receive your statement. I think when you go from joint to single claim everything is cleared from your journal. Your claimant commiments should just say "you agree to report any changes"
  • kane1994
    Options

Using my online account

I'll sign into my account often to:

• complete all activities in my to-do list
    • report changes to my circumstances promptly, including changes to work

What's what it says I've copy m pasted it 
  • kane1994
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    kane1994 said:

Using my online account

I'll sign into my account often to:

• complete all activities in my to-do list
    • report changes to my circumstances promptly, including changes to work

What's what it says I've copy m pasted it 

Sounds perfectly normal for someone that was found to have LCWRA. As i advised, you won't see the LCWRA element until you have your first statement as a single person.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.