Hi, my name is sjones17! Design Tech project for lower back pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sjones17! Design Tech project for lower back pain

Options
sjones17
sjones17 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hello, 

I am a student who is currently studying DT a level and I have come across a problem to which i am to solve. The problem is a family member who struggles with lower back pain when sitting down in an office chair for long extended periods of time. I am to design a product which will help my client and their back pain. 

Would you be able to provide some advice on this topic and maybe suggest products which will help pain in the lower back?

This would be greatly appreciated if you could.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @sjones17 and welcome to the Scope online community, thanks for joining :) 

I used to enjoy Design Technology in school, and this sounds like a great design project for you!

I have a question, would your product be something used while the client sits in the chair for long periods, or is it something you see being used away from the chair?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sjones17
    sjones17 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    it should be mostly used when sitting down for long periods of time, i wish for it to be universal and transportable to be used in many chairs. im trying to stay away from a brace for the back and am looking into a structure which helps the pain.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I see! Thanks for explaining @sjones17, for now I've moved your post into our Chronic pain and pain management category, hopefully other members with lived experience of lower back pain can share their thoughts too :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.