LCWRA back payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA back payment?

Options
Priceman
Priceman Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited May 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello all, 
I am just wondering I have recently been put on lcwra and it's been 20 weeks since I handed my 1st sick note. Will i get any back payment I've tried looking on Internet but it's too confusing for me so any help is really appreciated. Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What date exactly did you report your health condition/send your first fit note?
    and what date do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Priceman
    Options
    6th Jan I hand my note in and I usually get my uc on 27th. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you sent fit notes the whole time without any gaps your waiting period will be Jan to April ...LCWRA element starts from 21st April to 20th May and your first payment will be 27th May. No LCWRA element is owed.

If this was a recent decision then there may not be enough of time to add it to this months statement but you'll need to check it when you receive it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Priceman
    Options
    OK thank you I guess if I don't receive it in this payment then I'll get extra next month, is that correct? Thanks again
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2023
    Options
    They will owe you 1 month if you don't receive it in with your next statement. It will be paid separately to your usual payment rather than being included as an extra month in next months statement.
  • Priceman
    Options
    Yeah I understand that. Thank you so much for your help 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.