Credit cards while unemployed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Credit cards while unemployed

Options
mandyk6a
mandyk6a Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I saw a question about credit cards while unemployed on benefits, there are a few to apply for Vanquis and The Post office also Capital One. They offer credit-building cards and classic cards. I have had both before and I am disabled and unable to work so get benefits also. Hope this helps oh and there is another that just sprung to mind and it's called Thimbl Card also part of the Vanquis group I think.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,700 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ocean is another that might be of use.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• BoredBoredBored
    BoredBoredBored Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Your bank maybe able to offer a credit card, they can see the money going in and out so worth a try.

Don't try too many though it will go against you. If you get rejected try and give it some time before you apply again.

I have a Halifax one and have had messages asking for more personal information but so far I have managed to skip the checks by closing the app on my phone and logging in again. The questions do not appear again for that day at least. After a while the questions stopped popping up.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.