If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Personal Health Budgets (PHB's)

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,804 Trailblazing
edited July 2023 in Benefits and income
Are any of you on a PHB ?
Are they set up by the NHS/GP's or Local Authority ?
I live in a different LA to the location of my GP - Will that cause problems ?
Do carers also get a PHB to spend on alternative carers for the caree (when they are, for example ill, themselves) - if so are they means tested for carers ?
Any downsides to PHB ?

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,980 Championing
    Options
    I feel like a complete novice @Wibbles. What does a PHB stand for? I don't think I am on a PHB but, then again, I would not know if I do not know what it is  :p Does anyone else have anything to share about PHB's and the NHS?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Wibbles
    edited May 2023
    Options
    P.H.B personal health budget
    https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/help-with-health-costs/what-is-a-personal-health-budget/
    It appears that if you receive "NHS continuing Healthcare,", you are entitled to a PHB
  • Wibbles
    Options
    This also includes Personal Wheelchair budgets !
    I intend to email england.personalhealthbudgets@nhs.net to ask how this works

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,392 Scope online community team
    Options
    Did you hear back from your email @Wibbles?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Wibbles
    Options
    Did you hear back from your email @Wibbles?

No - my email "bounced"
    I will have to find another address  to use
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    Have you had any further luck @Wibbles?

It looks like you need to search for your local integrated care board to make further enquiries.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Wibbles
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I asked my council OT for more info on PHB's and this was totally ignored by her.......
    I am to be supplied with a NHS electric wheelchair in a few months (when the house extension is finished (with level access to the outside world)) - so that will mean that I am given a wheelchair budget - which I can then use to DEMAND a PHB ?
    I guess that I still need a Care Needs Assessment first
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.