Sciatic nerve - pain in lower back and runs down the left leg and foot — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sciatic nerve - pain in lower back and runs down the left leg and foot

Options
northern_lad
northern_lad Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I am very pleased to be accepted here as a newbie.

I have had a lower back problem since October 2022, this started whilst swinging a golf club on the 3rd hole and for the remainder of that round, I couldn't pick a ball up or put a tee peg into the ground without major wincing!

Since then, it has become standard that I have a lot pain when in standing positions, sitting down seems to be okay, this starts instantly from a simple task like cleaning teeth or shaving, once I take the weight off, it seems to settle, it also goes into the left foot with pins and needles.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, I have been to an NHS physio but the exercises they give are just not working.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @northern_lad and thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear the exercises from your physio aren't having the impact you'd like, have you spoken to them or your GP about this?

Has your GP also been able to help with pain management? I know sciatica pain is incredibly difficult to live with, so I hope you are able to get some relief. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.