If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra decision

Options
Craig83
Craig83 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hey guys just need some advice if possible,

so I was on esa wrag group untill dec 2021 I had to claim uc due to me moving areas,I first handed in a fit note on 16/12/21 I was then referred to a wca on 7/03/21 second fit note was sent in 8/03/22 and every 6 months after that,I finally had my wca 24/05/2023 got my decision notice on 26/05/2023 this is where I was confused,it said and I quote “ dear mr graham

we have transferred your esa wca decision to your uc claim,the decision remains that you have limited for work-related activity this means we will not ask you to look or you prepare for work, my confusion is when I rang up they said it was from march this year was my last fit note is this correct or is it the very first one? and I was in wrag for esa so wasn’t the same decision however I did have to go to tribunal to even get in that group I suppose my question is will I be owed any back payment or not,the lady on the phone said my new element will be applied in Junes statement,sorry for the long essay really confused 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,159 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm assuming because you were sending fit notes that you reported a change to your health condition, is that correct? If so then you'll be entitled to the LCWRA element from the assessment period in which you reported the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Craig83
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks for for your response and yeah i sent in my first fit note 16th December 2021 I was previously in the wrag group that got transferred over but had to have another assessment under uc to determine if I had lcwra does this mean any moneys will be backdated from then 

thanks 
    Craig 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    From the assessment period in which you reported the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Craig83
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you one last question is it from the first fit note or the most recent one? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You must have reported changes to your health condition because you sent fit notes, so it will be from that assessment period.
  • Craig83
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What date do you usually receive your money each month? 
  • Craig83
    Options
    @poppy123456 7th of each month assessment period is 1st to 31st 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks. That means your first payment will be 7th Jan 2022.

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money. Very often it takes quite a few weeks to pay it. They will need to recalculate your past statements to work out how much you’ve been paid, against what you should have been paid. You will then receive the difference between the 2. 

You will receive a letter on your journal once that is done telling you how much is owed. 
  • Craig83
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you poppy put my mind at ease,thanks for your help 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.