If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip Tribunal Date in Wales?

Options
Em1
Em1 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
edited June 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Is there anyone who has been waiting for a tribunal date in the wales area? I have been waiting since October for my date and they said it would be 25 weeks from then which has gone over now so I called to check which the lady on the phone said they will put in a referral but I’ve still not heard anything back. I was just wondering how long it has taken for anyone else. Thank you 😊 

Comments

• Rainbow116
    Rainbow116 Community member Posts: 129 Courageous
    Options
    Sorry cannot help on the waiting time yet .. currently waiting on MR decision but fully expecting to go down the tribunal route too. 

Hope you hear something soon I’m in Cardiff area, hope u get a successful outcome x 

• Em1
    Options
    Thank you, it’s been a long time waiting. I hope you have a successful MR 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @em15

Welcome to the community! :) 

I believe the situation is still backlogged and 25 weeks is considered the guideline. Keeping everything crossed you hear soon!  
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Rainbow116
    Options
    Hello @em15

Welcome to the community! :) 

I believe the situation is still backlogged and 25 weeks is considered the guideline. Keeping everything crossed you hear soon!  
    Thanks for info my MR was unsuccessful so I’m going gown tribunal route soon 

@em15 hope you have a date soon 

• Em1
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope I’ve been waiting 35 weeks for my tribunal date but still nothing. When I have called they kept telling me there’s a back log and they’ve made a referral to the courts but still nothing. It’s rather frustrating waiting this amount of time. I think I may call back next week and see if anything is coming up. Thanks for the replies 😊 good luck to you @rainbow116 I hope yours isn't such a long wait. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Keep us updated @em1 I hope they have an answer for you when you call :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Em1
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope I have called now they have said they will do another referral to the courts but as an urgent one as it’s been 36 weeks when I was given a 25 week time frame for my area. I hope it won’t be to much longer now. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Keeping everything crossed! 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Rainbow116
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I’ve been told on phone I was unsuccessful with my MR … awaiting the letter to confirm it.   What is the next process is there a letter to reply to asking for a tribunal date or do I phone up ? thanks in advance x 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,158 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I’ve been told on phone I was unsuccessful with my MR … awaiting the letter to confirm it.   What is the next process is there a letter to reply to asking for a tribunal date or do I phone up ? thanks in advance x 

Once you submit your request, HMCTS will contact DWP to respond to your appeal. Before they respond they will look at all your evidence again. You will then eventually receive the "bundle" which will contain everything you've already sent, including the PIP2, assessment report, all your extra evidence and the MR request letter.

You do not need to send anything that you've already sent. You do need to make sure that any extra evidence arrives with HMCTS no later than about 2 weeks before your hearing date.

You could be waiting several months, sometimes longer for a date.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Em1
    Options
    Anyone had any updates regarding their tribunal date in wales? All I get from the advisors is it’s waiting to be listed however long that takes. Currently have been waiting 39 weeks since I appealed. 
  • Rainbow116
    Options
    @Em1 that’s rubbish, hope u get a date soon.  DWP have until 13/7 to respond to my request then tribunal
  • poppy123456
    Options
    DWP have until 13/7 to respond to my request then tribunal

Just so that you're aware they don't always respond by the date given. If they don't HMCTS will extend the date. If they still don't respond the hearing will just continue as normal. They will most likely respond eventually.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Rainbow116
    Options
    Ok thanks for info poppy x 
  • Em1
    Options
    @Rainbow116 just a heads up, the dwp went over the timeframe on my appeal thing too about 2-3 weeks. I’m just hoping there’s not much longer to wait. It plays havoc with your mental health. I’ve even thought about reapplying but not sure of the outcome that would give x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Em1 said:
    I’ve even thought about reapplying but not sure of the outcome that would give x

That isn't always the best idea. The reason is because any new decision made on a new claim will overrule the Tribunal decision. If you're refused again by DWP then the whole process starts all over again.

Reapplying using the same evidence you previously used will likely see another refusal. I realise the waiting time is frustrating but hopefully you'll receive a date soon.
  • FloridaDino
    FloridaDino Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    Em1 said:
    Anyone had any updates regarding their tribunal date in wales? All I get from the advisors is it’s waiting to be listed however long that takes. Currently have been waiting 39 weeks since I appealed. 
    It’s so frustrating. I was told the wait time would be 28 weeks where I am, which seemed a really long time to wait. Here I am now 30 weeks and counting. I’ve contacted my local MP about it, as when ever I email I either don’t get a response or just a general ‘waiting to be listed’ answer

Wouldn’t we have been waiting to be listed from week 1 anyway?
  • Rainbow116
    Options
    Em1 said:
    @Rainbow116 just a heads up, the dwp went over the timeframe on my appeal thing too about 2-3 weeks. I’m just hoping there’s not much longer to wait. It plays havoc with your mental health. I’ve even thought about reapplying but not sure of the outcome that would give x
    I’ve just had a text 

“ DWP has responded to your PIP appeal. They should have sent you a copy in the post and you should receive this shortly. Read their response and send any comments to the tribunal, if you have any. The address is on any letters and emails you have received from the tribunal.

You do not need to do anything. You'll receive another text message when your hearing has been booked. Unfortunately we cannot say how long this will be.

PIP Appeals

I cannot log on to it online as server down 

hopefully you’ll get a date soon 🤞
  • Em1
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks for the info, I might still hold out then I suppose. It’s just frustrating. @rainbow116 that’s good news that they’re replied, hopefully there’s not much of wait for you either now. Yeah I noticed the website wasn’t working I thought something had gone wrong on my side of things but from reading on here it seems everyone is having the issue of getting on their online account. Let’s hope these technical difficulties are progress on our tribunal dates haha, wishful thinking 😂
  • poppy123456
    Options
    8 months + seems to be about the timescale at the moment. Backlogs have increased considerable in the past year or so.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.