If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
littleme1234
littleme1234 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited May 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Sent fit note in 29/12/22
Forms sent and they received 30/01/23
Had assessment 25/5/23
If awarded will I have a payment backdated.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,164 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    First payment will be either April or May depending on what dates your assessment period cover or what date you usually receive your money each month. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littleme1234
    Options
    Usually goes in on 31 of each month 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If the 29th was the same date you reported your health condition as well then your waiting period will be.

Jan to April.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 25th April to 24th May and first payment will be 31st May. Up to now they will only owe you for this month. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • littleme1234
    Options
    Was 29th dec though not jan wen fit note was sent in 
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Yes but it has to be 3 full assessment periods. If you reported you health condition on the same date you sent your first fit note then Dec/Jan assessment period doesn’t count because it’s not a full month. 
  • littleme1234
    Options
    Health condition was reported back in 2020 but not recognized by uc staff until had new agent who advised to get fit note 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you had reported a change of circumstances and then reported your health condition this way, it should have prompted you to send a fit note within 7 days of that. 

Were you working and earning more than 16 x NMW at that time? If so were you claiming either PIP or DLA at that time? 
  • littleme1234
    Options
    Claiming pip at highest rate both mobility and care
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.