Clarification needed esa to uk migration timetable — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Clarification needed esa to uk migration timetable

Options
apple85
apple85 Community member Posts: 423 Pioneering
So I came across a news article earlier to saying that universal credit migration from legacy benefits were starting again soon - I thought to myself “hang on a sec, esa migration is delayed for a few years as far as I know but I better double check this”

so I looked it up and found the following:

https://contact.org.uk/about-contact/news-and-views/britain-wide-managed-migration-to-universal-credit-to-start-in-june-2023/

‘ Following the latest roll-out in June, the DWP intends to eventually roll out managed migration to tax credits-only claimants in all other parts of Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) this year. There is no precise timetable for this, thought the DWP plans to migrate tax credits-only claimants onto Universal Credit:
  • In every DWP region by September 2023.
  • In every jobcentre in Great Britain by the end of March 2024.

And in 2024/25, managed migration will roll out nationally to claimants on:

• Income Support, income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance and Housing Benefit, including where paid alongside tax credits.
  • Tax credits alongside income-related Employment and Support Allowance.

People who receive only income-related Employment and Support Allowance, and no other legacy benefits, won’t be migrated onto Universal Credit until 2028.

Like many on this forum I’m in current receipt of income related esa (which has a 2028 start rollout date) however like many on here I’m also in receipt of housing benefit (which has an earlier rollout of 2024/2025)

Now I thought I didn’t have to worry about managed migration (though obviously natural migration could be triggered in the meantime) till 2028 but now I’m worried that because I get housing benefit as well managed migration could hit me years earlier than expected

Could someone clarify if in this scenario when ir esa + housing benefits would trigger managed migration?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.