Letter V text — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter V text

Options
missphant
missphant Community member Posts: 24 Listener
Hi all, 

I received a letter today from Belfast today with one paragraph on it that says

“Dear Mrs H*******, 

we now have the information we need to decide if we can award you personal independent payment (pip) there is no need to contact us. We will write to you when we have made a decision on your pip claim.

yours Sincerely, 

office manager.
…….I understand what this means but again with the bizarre contact, text then letter-why not just inform us when you make a decision? 

I will keep you updated (fingers crossed for a positive outcome) but we really are all treated uniquely instead of uniformly xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,378 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They used to just send just the letters with “we have all the information we need”. Then they added the texts but still sent the letters. 

It’s probably because not everyone will have mobiles to receive texts and they wouldn’t be able to separate those that don’t have mobiles from those that do. 

They sometimes send texts if successfully awarded but no always. I’m not aware of refusal texts being sent. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Although the letters are pointless in my eyes and a real waste of money and paper!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @missphant Good luck with the outcome! We'll have everything crossed for you. And yes, it's fair to say they aren't scrimping with keeping you up to date! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • missphant
    Options
    @Cher_Scope thank you 😊, I had a text this morning saying “We have not yet made a decision on your PIP claim. We will write to you when we have made a decision. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change” …….most people I’ve spoken to have had a text shortly after saying they were successful so fingers crossed……I often think it’s easier to days what’s right with me than wrong with me lol xx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Got my fingers crossed for you @missphant. Please feel free to let us know how this goes and if there's anything we can do to support you. How are you feeling at the moment?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • missphant
    Options
    @L_Volunteer thank you! As yet I’ve heard nothing else and it was a week Yesterday since the last text…..on this Wednesday it’s the 8 weeks they told me to wait for a decision. I’m incredibly nervous, I feel sick all the time worrying and I don’t know how to proceed if I’ve heard nothing by Wednesday so all in all? I feel fine 😂😂😂 lol xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They tell everyone up to 8 weeks but it’s more like up to 12 weeks after the report was returned. There’s nothing more you can do until a decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • missphant
    Options
    @poppy123456 you’ve said this to me on more than one other occasion, I appreciate that it’s up to 12 but a lot of other people have their decision much earlier, they do say you can ring and enquire after 8 weeks but I’m not sure my anxiety will allow that, hence my unsure what to do comment-I wasn’t actually looking for clarification, I was just responding to someone who was enquiring as to how I was handling the stress xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'd appricate it if you didn't tag me, thank you. I'm sorry i gave you the same advice again. I advise hundreds of members here every single week, freely in my own time and i don't remember every single bit of advice i've given to each individual member.

Yes, some have their decision in less than that but some also wait longer.
  • missphant
    Options
    my apologises, I didn’t realise those little statement things were related to you. I think if you are responding to others posts then maybe you should jot down somewhere who you’ve responded to and in what way. I cannot stress enough how this whole process has upset my entire body! from anxiety and a massive flair up of urticaria to my stomach feeling sick and my bowels playing up-add a constant migraine and that’s my current health. Your comments to me haven’t been supportive like others have been, they’ve not been informative although repetitive and I know you think you advise others on here but you’ve not given me advice and you’ve inserted yourself into a conversation where advice wasn’t asked for-we we’re just giving each other emotional support. 

I would ask that you remember my name and not tell me it’s 12 weeks again please. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    missphant said:
    I think if you are responding to others posts then maybe you should jot down somewhere who you’ve responded to and in what way.

Seriously? I think that's quite rude and i haven't once been rude to you.  If you realise just how many members i help within the course of just 1 week then you would understand that this will just be impossible.

It's a public forum so anyone can comment on any thread. I'm sorry you feel this way about my comments. I will no longer respond to any of your comments!
  • missphant
    Options
    I wasn’t rude, I was honest at best and blunt at worst….we just have a personality clash I think, you keep sprouting your credentials at me like I’ve questioned them and I haven’t, I’m sure you’ve helped lots of people.  I’ve just told you that you repeat the information in every encounter we've had, it’s neither constructive or helpful, it’s basic at best and then get offended when I respond to inform you so-you’ve given me no insight into how the system works, no information on your own personal experience and no advice on how to navigate going forward. Hell, you’ve not even offered sympathy or empathy.

I wish you all the very best helping others, I truly mean that-just do happens in this world we can’t please everyone all of the time xx

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,022 Scope online community team
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Waiting for the outcome is one of the most frustrating parts of the process, at least in my opinion. I always try and remind people to focus on the fact that they've done the hard part by sharing so openly and honestly on the forms and through the assessment. But I know that waiting for anything can leave me feeling on edge and it doesn't help when the timescale given isn't kept to either!
    I know you didn't find it helpful @missphant, but by letting you know that it's usually closer to 12 weeks (as opposed to the 8 they suggest), I believe Poppy123456 was hoping to alleviate some of the stress of Wednesday's 8-week deadline coming and you being left wondering why you haven't heard. 
    I'd also add that as a relatively large forum, it would be very difficult for anyone to remember who they have or haven't advised before. When we see someone mention 8 weeks, most of us do chip in with our own personal experience of the fact it is usually closer to 12.

It's important to remember that support comes in many forms. While some people appreciate emotional support, others don't, preferring direct answers. That's one of the things that I think makes our online community so great, we're a diverse group that communicate in different ways and it means there is something for everyone. 

I'm so sorry to read how badly the wait has been impacting you. Is there any activity that normally helps distract and relax you? Remember that you're not alone and what ever the outcome we're here to support you. Sending you all the best and hoping for a positive outcome.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 980 Scope online community team
    Options

Note from online community team:

Hello everyone,

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate.

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.

We will continue to closely monitor this discussion, but if it escalates further, we may choose to pause, close, or even hide the discussion.

For more information, please read our online community house rules.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.