If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

ANY UPDATES ON UC LCWRA REVIEW WAITING TIMES PLEASE ?

Options
em444
em444 Community member Posts: 107 Connected
Morning Everyone
Patience appreciated please, I have severe Anxiety. Been a while since last Post. My review was due last December 2022, still not heard anything. Anyone know of update please on waiting times ? I'm In Nottingham area. I realise there is a backlog, but just a rough idea would put my mind at rest.
Thanks for your patience 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are suspended so you won't hear any time soon, people have been waiting years longer than you too. I have seen some posts that reviews are slowly starting back up, but not in huge quantities as they would used to.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Appears that reassessments that recently resumed but there is a huge backlog. There is no way of predicting when you might be reassessed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,211 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes they have started back but only for certain few people. They will not be started back fully until the end of the year.

It will be impossible to predict when you will be contacted. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • robjgr1
    robjgr1 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    I know it is an ongoing award etc but how come some people have a review date like  em444 says Dec 2022  I can't find any dates on my letter (pdf journel)  I was awarded it November 2022.
    Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,211 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    robjgr1 said:
    I know it is an ongoing award etc but how come some people have a review date like  em444 says Dec 2022  I can't find any dates on my letter (pdf journel)  I was awarded it November 2022.
    Thanks 

The decision letters do not show award lengths because there's no end date to either LCW or LCWRA, it's an ongoing award. You can contact DWP to ask what your estimated timescale is for a review but it's just a guide and nothing more.

As em44 has experienced, their review date was Dec 2022, which has come and gone and still no sign of a review.

When the time comes for your review you will know because a letter will be uploaded onto your journal telling you that they are referring you. A few days later you will receive the UC50 form in the post.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.