Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is sanrit! We do not have a clue what if any claims he’s entitled to

sanrit Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My husband is 77 this year and on the highest disability. We do not have a clue what if any claims he’s entitled to 


  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Hello @sanrit

    Welcome to the community! :) 

    I'd say it would be best to use one of the benefit calculators available online. They'll be able to say whether he is eligible to claim anything. 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sanrit
    sanrit Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,308 Disability Gamechanger
    You haven't given any information for anyone to be able to advise you. Are you state pension age yourself or below?
    Are you renting your home or do you own it? Are you claiming a disability benefit yourself? Of so which one and what is your award?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.