Lcwar back pay ā€” Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwar back pay

Options
rowena54
rowena54 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited June 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello šŸ‘‹Ā 
I've been on uc since Feb 2022. I had to give up work for a number of illness . I at first handed in sick notes . Then I found a small part time job just 10 hours aweek . But I still found it a struggle . To cut a long story short. Over the course of the year I was in and off sick until Jan this year when I had my secondĀ  major heart attackĀ  whichĀ  left me very poorly . I claimed for pip and did a workĀ  capability assessmentĀ  in Jan 2023 I've just been awarded both . My questionĀ  is when will I get back dated too ? As they knew my illness when I had to claim uc .Ā 
Thank you šŸ˜ŠĀ 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually the waiting period for LCWRA starts from when you first reported your health condition. Providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of this and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA. If there were gaps in your fit notes then it can affect when the extra money is paid from.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rowena54
    Options
    Hi thanks for this . But if they knew you had bad ill heath when I made the claim for UCĀ  in 2022 . I handed in sick notes for 4 months then had a break for about 3 months . Then handed them in again after that . Would it be from the second lot if sick notes . It's so stressful šŸ˜«Ā 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision. The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month.

If there's money owed it will be paid separately to your usual monthly money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • rowena54
    Options
    Thank you šŸ˜Š I supposeĀ  I will just have to wait . Its been 2 weeks since I got the letter in my journal. Its a long drawn out confuseing thing . I don't understand why they didn'tĀ  tell me all this when I first made a claim for UC as I had to leave my employmentĀ  over very ill heath.Ā Ā 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Weren't you receiving reminders that your fit note was expired? Usually this is what happens, if you reported your health condition either as a change of circumstances or when you first claimed UC.

I'd advise you to put a note on your journal under the payment section and ask about the money that's owed to you. Explain to them that you didn't realise that you needed to continue to send in fit notes until a decision was made on your work capability assessment. Though they may start the waiting period from when the fit notes were continuous.

• rowena54
    Options
    Hi thank you . When I first claimed Uc I had heath issues which they new about heart diseaseĀ  x1 heart attackĀ  copd and osteoarthritis.Ā  I providedĀ  sick notes for 3 months . From the day I claimed UC . The forced me to take a job with help from Reed supportĀ  people which was getting picked up from home . TO take a child to school then dropped off at home then drop me at home ,so low mobility for me . So the si k notes stopped.Ā  But I took this job because I had worked all my life in full time employment and never claimed before. Just before November last year I got covid and was not getting any better then Jan I had heart attackĀ  number 2 and 3 cardiac arrests.Ā  Which damaged 40persentĀ  of my heart . My sick note went to them on the 25 Jan 2023 I filled the forms out for wca and pip and sent them off the end of January.Ā  I've been awardedĀ  both which am great full for . My pip got paid last month . But nothing from lcwra I've not heard anything since my letter on the 25 May.Ā  Just a bit of info about my case . . Thanks for you help much appreciatedĀ 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scopeā€™s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.